Talk

Advanced search

Have you been to Barbados in November?

(12 Posts)
ChristmasYoni Thu 23-Oct-14 18:18:15

I'm planning on surprising my parents with a week all inclusive to Barbados in November 2015 and need to get saving however I have no idea of how much it will be! Can anyone give me an idea of how much I should try to save? I'm hoping for a beachfront hotel for a week in November but can't search that far in advance on Thomas cook etc! Please?!

MrsMarigold Thu 23-Oct-14 18:23:38

We went there in September last year at an all inclusive (Mango Bay) Lovely warm sea and the food was good but it was quite rowdy. Flew with Virgin can't recall costs but we booked through Kuoni.

caroldecker Thu 23-Oct-14 18:35:12

Well Kuoni has this at £3,500 for both

MrsMarigold Fri 24-Oct-14 07:30:22

Negotiate. Look through BA holidays too and Virgin Holidays.

raviolig Fri 24-Oct-14 17:56:21

We got married in Barbados in November. It cost us about £3000 for two of us all inclusive for 2 weeks with a wedding, but that was in 2007 and I was told that was very cheap!
BTW November is the rainiest month in Barbados and it did rain alot while we were there. Not a problem to us.
We went with Virgin. My parents went as well and paid a bit less but for a lower star hotel.
Definitely negotiate, I asked Virgin to price match Expedia and they dropped the price quoted by £1000.

ChristmasYoni Fri 24-Oct-14 18:59:22

Wow really? U didn't know you could negotiate! I just normally pay what they are asking. Thanks everyone for your advice it's really appreciated.

bonhomme Fri 24-Oct-14 19:50:26

No, but I highly recommend the Tamarind Hotel on the West Coast - we went there this July.

emanresU Mon 27-Oct-14 19:07:51

If its a special treat really do consider booking a table at The Cliff restaurant - it's ultra stylish and all round wonderful - pricy but we'll worth it
Book in advance of flying there to guarantee a good table (or a table at all)

imonkey Mon 08-Dec-14 14:40:34

I'm looking at booking holiday in Cuba through the holiday place, I think they do Barbados too. I've been quoted 899 for 7 nights all inc for Nov 2015 grin

MissWimpyDimple Wed 10-Dec-14 19:08:29

I've. Been twice in November and it does rain a lot! It's warm rain though so it's not horrible, but it can be rather disruptive and some of the trips aren't great in the rain!

We stayed in the savannah beach with Virgin

VixxenPlusAllTheOtherReindeers Wed 10-Dec-14 19:32:23

I went Barbados (Christchurch) in January 2014 and the weather was hot at random times.
For a week self catering we only paid 540 for the week including flights.

VixxenPlusAllTheOtherReindeers Wed 10-Dec-14 19:35:18

I mean it was hot but rained at random times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now