Talk

Advanced search

QoQ, PeachyGirl and anyone else flying Longhaul in the next few days...

(13 Posts)
Earlybird Fri 18-Aug-06 04:37:32

OMG - you win the inventiveness prize! I'm simply thankful that restrictions have relaxed and that we'll be in the air for 3 or 4 hours less than you were. Well done at finding a creative way to pass the time....which, I'm sure, must have felt endless!

Californifrau Fri 18-Aug-06 00:07:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

peachygirl Sun 13-Aug-06 17:11:32

californifrau, Thank you so much for thinking of me but I will be quite lucky as I am pregnant with my first (13 weeks on mon) so the entertaining thing is not a priority. I am slightly worried about how much I will be able to drink, as the hospital told me to drink lots adn I had planned to take a big bottle of water on boar.
It look like you coped remarkably well and that the thread indicated you landed safely.
not quite cockney I've wondered about clothes too and am going for a cardi. We wern't going to take coats but I think it might be chilly waiting in those marquees they seem to have at heathrow.
Best wishes for everyones flight

NotQuiteCockney Sun 13-Aug-06 08:10:05

CF, I was hoping there would be a spirit of the blitz thing going on, and other bored people would help with kids? Did this not happen?

I do keep reading that people to other destinations can buy things after security, so I think we will be ok. I hope. If there are still things in the shops. (Did paper include books and magazines? Or just plain paper?)

My two are younger than your two, but we will have seat back telly (we definately get Over the Hedge and Ice Age), and whatever we've bought from the shops. Oh, and it's "only" a seven-hour flight.

I keep stressing about clothes, I think we will go for thin clothes with some layers. I am generally too hot, except lately, when I'm too cold. I'm assuming carrying a cardi through security is fine?

sallystrawberry Sat 12-Aug-06 22:18:06

HRHQueenOfQuotes Sat 12-Aug-06 22:14:22

thanks for the SD - you're going to think I'm really sad - but I SO hope that Super Mario World is actually available on the games console - I love that game

SoupDragon Sat 12-Aug-06 22:09:59

It's under "what's on board".

HRHQueenOfQuotes Sat 12-Aug-06 22:08:48

SD - oooh I hadn't realised that - been so busy checking what they had to say on the current luggage situation hadn't even crossed my mind to see what delights we'd have to watch LOL.

SoupDragon Sat 12-Aug-06 22:08:15

And absolutely, you should write a book, CF!!

SoupDragon Sat 12-Aug-06 22:07:43

QoQ, you can check the films on the Virgin website. I think you'll get Over the Hedge and Ice Age 2 amongst others.

gladbag Sat 12-Aug-06 22:06:06

Oh Californifrau, I know this thread isn't meant for general perusal, but you did make me laugh. I vote that you win the 'inventiveness and ingenuity whilst entertaining children on a long-haul flight' award of the year. It must have been absolutely dire. I take my hat off to you, I really do .

HRHQueenOfQuotes Sat 12-Aug-06 22:00:43

Thank CF - think we should be ok - like you say - we're not flying to the US - so they're being somewhat more flexible (apparently) in allowing items bought post security to go on board.

Thankfully we're flying Virgin - who (again apparently) have good inflight entertainment (and our 'long' flight of the 2 is a night time one).

Californifrau Sat 12-Aug-06 21:52:04

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »