Talk

Advanced search

Sri Lanka in June: rain season: bad idea?

(2 Posts)
sleepdodger Sun 23-Feb-14 21:30:54

Would you?
It's a far flung first family hol before school hols restrict us for time and money
Good AI deal at beautiful 5 star place (royal palms) at affordable price great facilities etc but I know it's rain season and wondered if any one has been then- rain every day a bit or solid rain for a fortnight?
Thanks

dontyouknow Mon 24-Feb-14 19:08:28

I've been twice in August, pre children. It rained most afternoons for a few hours, quite heavily.

We also went when DD was 2 a few years ago in May, at the very start of the rainy season, for a fortnight beach holiday. It was dry most of the time. I think there were 2 days out of the fortnight when it rained in the afternoon.

We went to Thailand 2 years ago in their rainy season and only had a couple of days when it rained and even then it didn't rain all day.

I would go as I've travelled quite a bit in the monsoon to various countries. The rain cools things down and freshens things up. It's a bit of a gamble though as it's not great if it rains every day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now