Talk

Advanced search

Are there any websites that can arrange self drive holidays in the US?

(9 Posts)
Mckayz Wed 19-Feb-14 17:06:20

I've been looking at a brochure from Premier Holidays that has some self drive holidays in.

I am really tempted by this for DH's 30th next year.

Or is it better to go on somewhere like expedia and book it all myself?

Thanks

hootloop Wed 19-Feb-14 17:09:18

The first time we went to the US we went with travel city who arranged fly drive holidays.
But you can get better flights and hotels for a better price arranging it yourself and it is so easy as everyone speakd english there are fewer chances for mistakes and misunderstanding.

specialsubject Wed 19-Feb-14 18:03:35

do check the distances involved, though - most of these holidays assume you are happy to spend six hours in a car every day. Might as well rent a DVD!

sassytheFIRST Wed 19-Feb-14 18:04:32

Try away2usa - we used them last year and chant recommend them highly enough.

bonvivant Wed 19-Feb-14 18:33:12

Trailfinders, Audley Travel ... but it will be cheaper to book directly yourself and/or use Expedia.

Mckayz Wed 19-Feb-14 19:19:53

Thanks everyone. Will have a look at those sites and expedia.

pmgkt Wed 19-Feb-14 19:23:55

We have done 2 trips both self drive and used a company called Bon voyage in Southampton. They are great and specialize in USA trips plus all there staff go over to the states to do research. They could even tell me the exact directions, including from each of the airports to the car hire locations, where the pick up points for things were etc. they are great.

Electryone Wed 19-Feb-14 21:35:12

Can really recommend Trailfinders, they helped put our California road trip together.

Mckayz Sat 22-Feb-14 09:59:34

Thanks. All those sites are very helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now