Talk

Advanced search

Hotels in Thailand with kids clubs?

(13 Posts)
madamegazelleslover Mon 10-Feb-14 09:21:13

We are thinking of going to Thailand in late November with 3 year old DS.

I've been before a couple of times before DS but this trip will obviously be different.

Thinking of hotels that might offer him other kids to play with.

Suggestions/Recommendations?

Thanks

brooncoo Tue 11-Feb-14 00:51:13

We like the Laguna Beach Clb on Bangtao Beach in Phuket. Fantastic kids club and lovely staff. Elephant comes to breakfast for the kids to feed and ride. No sleaze and no beach traders bugging you every 20 secs.

winkywinkola Tue 11-Feb-14 01:02:44

Le Meridien in Phuket.

ShanghaiDiva Tue 11-Feb-14 10:29:13

Indigo Pearl - Phuket - north part of island

dontyouknow Wed 12-Feb-14 21:48:47

Holiday Inn Regents Beach at Cha-am. DD liked the kids club. Really nice hotel, we've been twice. It is only a few hours by road from Bangkok so you can have a few days there too.

givemeaclue Sun 16-Feb-14 19:33:54

Like the look of all the hotels above, can anyone tell me roughly what they ended up spending for 2 weeks for a family of 4 for food/ drinks etc? I imagine the hotels are pricy , is thee anywhere else locally to eat? Particularly like the look of Laguna beach

Thanks

winkywinkola Mon 17-Feb-14 18:29:26

At Le Meriden was a £10k all inclusive.

brooncoo Tue 18-Feb-14 00:16:48

We have stayed about four times at Laguna Beach Club. Breakfast was included. We usually ate lunch or dinner at one of the excellent and much cheaper local restaurants right on the beach just next to the hotel. We sometimes just stayed out and had early dinner on the beach in our swimsuits and bare feet whilst the kids played on the beach. Very family friendly. The staff have been the same in the kids club for years and are so lovely.

It's all very quiet though and relaxed - not a lot really going on in the evening - which suited us with young children.

givemeaclue Tue 18-Feb-14 08:11:48

Thanks
Bronco did you manage to see much of the area and do some trips and were you well away from the seedy side of Phuket?
Was there plenty for the kids to eat in the local restaurants I.e not too spicy?
Thsnks

brooncoo Tue 18-Feb-14 09:18:20

We didn't see so much as the kids were very young at the time and we we were there for just a 4 or 5 day break to chill out. There are trips and boat trips if you want them. Bangtao beach area is really quiet with a few big upmarket hotels spread along the beach. It's very family orientated and didn't find it sleazy at all. Many go for the golf and sports facilities. The hotels are beautiful with large grounds. You can catch a little hotel barge through canals to a shopping centre (upmarket and pricey) run by the hotels. There is also a little town which looked quite nice a short walk or drive away - but we never went there so not sure what it was like in the evenings.

this site will give you an overview

brooncoo Tue 18-Feb-14 09:50:21

I'm a bit confused. Been a good few years since we have been and looks like the Laguna Beach Club Resort might have been updated and is now The Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort - looks lovely anyway. Also don't see the Sheraton nearby getting a mention - also popular with families.

brooncoo Tue 18-Feb-14 09:51:22

And the local restaurants do some mild and some european dishes too like spaghetti etc.

dontyouknow Mon 24-Feb-14 22:07:41

The Regents Beach was a lot cheaper. All in I think we spent about £3,000 for a family of 3 for a fortnight, less the first time as we got a really good deal on flights. We did Room only then paid for breakfast when we got there as they offered it half price and children free.

The hotel wasn't too badly priced for food but there is a street between this hotel and another one further along the coast which has lots of restaurants, tailors, mini marts. There is also a little mini mart in the hotel grounds which was reasonably priced and good for ice creams. The restaurants did spaghetti, pizzas, sandwiches as well as Thai food (useful as DD hates spicy food). There are also restaurants along the beach.

DD was quite young so we only did short trips. There is a temple town nearby with cave temples and a funicular railway to the top of a hill with ruined temples and monkeys. There was a new retail outlet nearby with a big ferris wheel which gave fantastic views over the coast. We also went to a couple of national parks and did boat trips/walks to waterfalls and caves. There are a couple of places you can ride elephants nearby (one put on a show and I wasn't too keen, the other seemed to be more like a charity and was better). There was a waterpark but we didn't go. The second time we had a few days in Bangkok first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now