Talk

Advanced search

Dubai - take toddler or not?

(4 Posts)
TheJumped Fri 31-Jan-14 22:01:55

DH is working in Dubai for a month and his company will pay for me or me and our 2yo to go out for a few days / a week.

We've not taken him abroad before or on a plane, any tips?

Overnight flights are the cheapest which might be what we have to do - would this be the sheerest hell I think it would?

And any tips on where to stay would be great. Having never been on holiday with toddler, we can't picture quite how evenings work. Apart from definitely no more boozy evenings crawling our chosen holiday destination! Hoping for a hotel with a pool where DS and I can laze around - if it's going to be a nightmare then I can leave DS with in-laws but I don't really want to, and would then only go for maybe 3/4 nights.

Thanks for any advice! thanks

LayMizzRarb Sun 09-Feb-14 21:20:56

I would definitely visit. If your husband is away for a month then I imagine he would like to see his DC. You two can make up for lost time later, but a month is a long time to go without seeing your little one. Where will your husband be staying? Surely his hotel room or apartment has a double bed, and room for a travel cot?
When your husband is working you can take the little one to the beach for a walk, or through the Mall of Dubai to see the sharks and fishes in the aquarium. There are plenty of things for you to do.
Why would it have to be a night flight due to financial reasons, seeing as his company are paying for it? Have they specified a limit on the air fare cost?

MillyMollyMama Sun 09-Feb-14 21:29:06

Don't do a night flight. It is only 6.5 hours. You will not sleep. Any of the beach hotels will have pools and lovely grounds. We went to the Royal Mirage. Also we always took our car seat and put DD in that on the plane then were ready to get into a car upon arrival. You could have your child on your lap on the flight. It is well worth going though.

SavoyCabbage Sun 09-Feb-14 21:31:59

I wouldn't worry about the flight. It's not that long really. He will watch tv, (get children's headphones before you go) listen to a story, eat etc. it will be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now