Talk

Advanced search

NY Hotels for Family of 4

(12 Posts)
SerendipityAlways Fri 24-Jan-14 09:39:47

Have you stayed at any good value NY hotels with older children/teens that you could recommend please? preferably ones with a kitchenette also? We're a family of four , 2 kids 12 and 14 yrs, planning a trip to NY for next Easter and I would be interested in any of your recommendations!

couch25cakes Sat 25-Jan-14 14:05:55

We like The Beacon Hotel, nice big rooms and kitchenettes, with a whole foods style supermarket opposite.

ladypanbanisha Sat 25-Jan-14 14:09:09

I have just booked into novotel in Times Square as children eat free.

ihatethecold Sat 25-Jan-14 17:25:23

Do these places have seperate beds for the kids? I would love to take my kids but they are getting to old to share a double bed.

SerendipityAlways Tue 04-Feb-14 10:40:11

Thank you for tips so far - keep them coming!!

SerendipityAlways Tue 04-Feb-14 11:01:26

Has anyone stayed at either the Marriot Residence Inn on Times Sq or the one in Midtown?

SidandAndyssextoy Wed 05-Feb-14 01:03:22

The Giraffe Hotel has suites that give you and the kids a bit of privacy. No kitchenette but free breakfasts (of decent quality, not cheap stale doughnuts) and a two hour free wine and cheese event every day, plus free lemonade, coffee and cookies all day. Five minutes wall from amazing cheap burgers at Shake Shack in Madison Square Park!

SerendipityAlways Wed 05-Feb-14 12:08:35

Thanks Sids..I'll check that place out!

hairymonkey Wed 05-Feb-14 12:11:20

Have a look on airbnb, they have loads of apartments

SerendipityAlways Wed 05-Feb-14 12:41:54

Great - thanks hairymonkey!

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 05-Feb-14 13:48:14

Serendipity,

NYC has very very strict rules nowadays about tourist lettings. Do read tripadvisor as well.

Short term lets in practically all NYC apartments are illegal and can be scams to boot. Too many people as well have been conned out of their cash or have found that the apartment is not at all as advertised. You run a very real risk of being fleeced.

You'd be far better off booking hotel accommodation instead.

SerendipityAlways Thu 06-Feb-14 12:46:53

Thanks Attila - 2 min on tripadviser put me right off apart lets, incl airbnb...will stick to hotels!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now