Los Angeles question

(10 Posts)
Sally14 Mon 29-Jul-13 07:43:20

Jerrys Motel. I've just left. I'm travelling up the west coast with my three year old. I've reviewed it on my blog. http://sallyhutchinson1.wordpress.com/ it's highly rated on trip advisor.

Stressedtothehilt Tue 16-Jul-13 11:02:38

We stayed at the radisson maingate unsure if its still ther,e but was nice. Was close enough to walk to downtown Disney and was just over a mile to Disney itself x

broadsheetbabe Fri 12-Jul-13 20:00:23

Try Newport Beach or the amazing Huntington Beach.

BreakfastCricket Fri 12-Jul-13 19:47:32

We tried to drive from Longbeach to Hollywood last week at about mid-day ( July 3 ) but turned back as the traffic was a nightmare.

BehindTheScenesAtTheMumseum Fri 12-Jul-13 18:24:17

Maybe try looking on a website like hotels.com or Expedia as you can search by availability, budget etc.

Also, I second what Attila said - Disney is miles away from Hollywood and the awful traffic makes it even further. Loads of hotels near Disneyland, you'd be better staying nearby for that bit.

AmericasTorturedBrow Fri 12-Jul-13 07:36:57

Long beach is a million miles from everywhere. What's your itinerary and budget? I live here and can find done suggestions if you give me more details...

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 12-Jul-13 07:35:18

Look at a map of the LA area. LA is a huge sprawl of a place and made up of many different suburbs.

You need to have the first night's accommodation booked before you travel as that is a condition of the ESTA (electronic travel authorisation).

I would look at the Anaheim area if you want to visit Disney. Long Beach is about an hour's drive (minimum) from Anaheim.

Isityouorme Fri 12-Jul-13 07:01:49

No availability!

Would staying in Long Beach be too far from the touristy things, like Disney and Hollywood?

BehindTheScenesAtTheMumseum Thu 11-Jul-13 21:20:30

The Farmer's Daughter is great - we stayed there last month. It is right by the fabulous Grove shopping centre and the LA farmers market - and walking distance to loads of museums which is great as driving in LA is horrendous so it was nice to have a day off driving. I wish I was there right now!

Isityouorme Thu 11-Jul-13 21:17:35

Can someone please recommend a hotel in LA? Going next week and not booked anything! Doing usual touristy things and will have a car. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now