Talk

Advanced search

Universal Studios

(11 Posts)
PickledMoomin Wed 12-Jun-13 21:29:41

We're going to Orlando in August for two weeks and we have a 14 day pass to universal. We are staying on international drive.

I've been looking at express passes.

Does anybody know if you get unlimited express passes for both parks automatically if you stay in a universal hotel for a night?

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Wed 12-Jun-13 21:39:49

I think you do. I've read about people booking 1 or 2 nights at a Universal hotel for this reason.

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Wed 12-Jun-13 21:40:14

PS... vairrr jealous!!

PickledMoomin Wed 12-Jun-13 21:43:42

From what I can gather it includes both parks for two days- you can check in early the day of your stay.

But I've priced it up as only being $234 which seems to be the same price as a one day pass for one park which isn't unlimited.

Tasmania Thu 13-Jun-13 22:51:59

August may be a bit more busy - we went there around March, and queues were not that long if you have 2 weeks time. We did buy express passes on one day as we did not want to go to the park every single day, and it was good enough to have it for one day, and do most of the rides then...

couch25cakes Fri 14-Jun-13 11:42:55

You can use them on everything but Harry Potter and the forbidden journey and one or two others (pteranodon flyers/rip ride rocket?). And you get an hour early entry to the parks if you're staying onsite too so that's when it's best to do Harry Potter.

Definitely worth it, the hotels are lovely too. But you can't get a pass if you stay in the new, cheaper, hotel- cabana bay?

PickledMoomin Fri 14-Jun-13 16:23:10

Thank you!

I've booked the hotel. Seems like a bargain for £150 which was the same price as a one use pass for one park for a day!

couch25cakes Fri 14-Jun-13 18:00:49

Ooh, which did you go for? We stayed at the royal pacific resort last year and loved it smile

PickledMoomin Sat 15-Jun-13 00:06:30

Royal Pacific!
What was it like?

couch25cakes Sat 15-Jun-13 10:59:27

Lovely! We loved the pool after hours in the parks. It's got a lovely atmosphere, rooms were nice and its walkable to the parks if the queues for the boats are too long.

PickledMoomin Sat 15-Jun-13 23:09:34

It was a good choice then grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now