We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.



Advanced search

Single Parent flying into Australia with kids -do I need

(3 Posts)
Mumfun Sat 02-Mar-13 21:51:03

any letter from absent father to say he is ok with the trip? Does anyone know? Have tried to check online but not sure. We all 3 have British passports and the father has one and lives UK and has oked the trip. But have nothing in writing.

Homebird8 Sat 02-Mar-13 22:21:10

Get something in writing. I don't know how you are with each other but if things are volatile he could make a Hague Convention case against you for removing the children from the country. If things are good a quick email to put it in writing wouldn't be too much to ask and if they are not then you absolutely need to cover this base.

Have a wonderful visit to Australia!

FannyBazaar Sat 02-Mar-13 22:23:43

It is recommended to take a letter wherever you go. I haven't usually taken one but did for my last trip abroad and will do from now on, mainly because my ex doesn't answer his phone and would actually be a huge PITA to get hold off in a hurry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now