Talk

Advanced search

Would you go to Universal Studios with a 5 year old?

(10 Posts)
suebfg Sat 06-Oct-12 14:32:12

DH is in Florida for a while on business so we're flying out to meet up with him over October half term.

We did Disney and Seaworld last year so are considering Universal. Just not sure if it will be suitable for DS who is 5. Can anyone share their experiences please?

Thanks

Startailoforangeandgold Sat 06-Oct-12 14:34:05

Yes, but there are a lot more hight restrictions on the best rides.

suebfg Sat 06-Oct-12 14:56:46

Would there be enough for a couple of days do you think?

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 06-Oct-12 18:22:17

I would look at Universal's website which states its height requirements for the ride attractions before visiting (they are strict on height requirement and if he is not tall enough he will not ride). These parks are set up with older children and teens in mind. However, Seuss Landing at Islands of Adventure is for younger children.

YouBrokeMySmoulder Sat 06-Oct-12 18:25:02

Yes our three year old really enjoyed it this year. Theres lots for them to do in each park. Plus they have a good child swap system, especially the one at forbidden journey.

There's lots of rides with no height restriction as well ie twister and Poseidon etc.

Groovee Sat 06-Oct-12 18:25:49

We went with a 4 and 7 year old and we got on lots x

suebfg Sat 06-Oct-12 20:02:21

Thanks. My DS isn't very brave with rides so if he is too short for a ride, the chances are he wouldn't like the ride anyway.

YouBrokeMySmoulder Sat 06-Oct-12 20:04:09

Yes we took that view as well sue but there was still lots to do.

suebfg Sat 06-Oct-12 20:21:49

Great - looks like Universal it is then smile

MOSagain Tue 09-Oct-12 13:46:05

Went to Universal and IOS in August with my DD then aged 5 (and DS aged 3)
At Universal she loved the play area near Barney (and of course the Barney show) and the roller coaster there. Not many others thought, DH took her on the Simpsons ride and she really didn't like that.

At IOS there was far more (in my opinion for kids her age) She loved all the rides in Seussz's (sp?) landing and the roller coaster in the HP area (hippogriff?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now