Talk

Advanced search

New Yorkers - what do I pack for a weekend trip in October?

(10 Posts)
Frostyfoxy Sun 23-Sep-12 15:56:41

Hello! I am off to New York for a long weekend at the beginning of October. What do I need to pack?? Summer stuff, autumn stuff, rain gear?? I really don't want to pack lots of unneccessary stuff!

PS have never been to New York before!!

strandednomore Sun 23-Sep-12 16:41:29

Yes all of the above! I would check the weather the day before you go and adjust accordingly. I was there in September once and thought I would need winter clothes - I was boiling!!
Have a wonderful time, NY is amazing. I can't wait to go back.

BellaVita Sun 23-Sep-12 16:43:55

I went in June - had a fab time. I am envy of you.

Frostyfoxy Sun 23-Sep-12 16:44:33

Thanks Stranded! I think layers are probably the answer in that case. Just need to decide on footwear..... I could probably take a whole case of shoes/boots!

Frostyfoxy Sun 23-Sep-12 16:45:40

Its a delayed honeymoon for us so am quite looking forward to it too! Trying to work out what not to miss whilst there too.

stickybean Sun 23-Sep-12 16:46:35

Autumn mainly. Lots of layers so you are sorted either way. It will probably be sunny and crisp which is NYC at its best. But when it rains, it really really rains! Maybe a pair of welly boots if you have room.

mrsshears Sun 23-Sep-12 17:27:38

I went in october a few years ago and it was freezing!
I didn't pack well and ended up living in dh's sweatshirt.

Frostyfoxy Sun 23-Sep-12 20:05:54

Thanks all! I will go with the layers plan then with raincoat and boots! As I live in Wales I know all about rain! grin

BreakfastCricket Mon 24-Sep-12 15:42:40

Blister plasters for your feet. Seriously think about remedies for tired feet. If you're not going to fancy places consider taking your lowest heeled boots...or trainers

Frostyfoxy Mon 24-Sep-12 18:43:12

Don't worry Breakfast I only have low comfy shoes/boots due to problems with my feet - but good advice anyway, thanks!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now