Talk

Advanced search

Harry Potter orlando with a three year old

(5 Posts)
beachavendrea Thu 20-Sep-12 17:46:35

Hi were planning a theme park holiday and I am thinking about Harry Potter world in florida (amongst other). Would this work with a three year old? i will also be 5 months pregnant?
Is it worth it?

Hulababy Thu 20-Sep-12 17:58:49

Harry Potter is part of Islands of Adventure, one of the Universal Studios theme parks.

It is fantastic but it is only one area of a larger park.

Your little one would only really be able to go on one of the rides - the Hippogrith ride. DD went on this at 2y when it was a unicorn ride, pre HP. The other two rides are too big for him, although you can use the baby switch - although you wouldn't be able to ride as pregnant.

The rest of the park varies again - there are some areas suitable for little ones, although also a lot aimed at older ones.

TBH at 3y I think they'd get more out of Disney if you are going that way. There is also Legoland over there now.

beachavendrea Fri 21-Sep-12 13:14:54

Thanks we might give it a miss. Disney might be better.

mummymeister Fri 21-Sep-12 22:46:35

Agree with Hula. my kids were 9,11 and 13 and preferred uni to disney by a long way. all the rides seemed more grown up. i would stick with disney and have a great time there whilst dc is still young enough to be in awe of mickey.

MOSagain Sat 22-Sep-12 17:19:05

I took my 3 year old last month. I took him on the hippogriff ride and it scared the shit out of him. Also, as someone else has said, if you are pregnant you can't ride.

I bet he'd like Seuss's (sp?) landing area though, all the cat in the hat stuff and red fish blue fish ride. My DS and his big sister (5) loved it and could have spent all day there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now