Talk

Advanced search

Florida - 2 or 3 centre holiday. (Virgin Holidays?) Any recommendations?

(6 Posts)
Portofino Fri 23-Sep-11 09:01:54

We've got friends in the US and planned to go over next year. Flights from Brussels to anywhere seem to be extortionately expensive though. I had a look at Virgin and we could basically get 3 weeks in Florida to include s/c accommodation and a car, for not much more than the flights to Austin.

So I am now thinking of suggesting to friends that instead of them flying to us, we fly to Orlando and they come to us for some of the time.

I'd like to do 3 weeks - obviously we will do Orlando and the parks - but would like to move on to the beach somewhere afterwards to recover. How long does it take to "do" Orlando? Any recommendations for accommodation, or the best beach locations? I have a dd who will be 8 next summer....

Aftereightsaremine Fri 23-Sep-11 10:23:38

10 days in Orlando to do it comfortably. 7 IF you have to. Can't help you about beach part.

mumofsoontobelawstudent Fri 23-Sep-11 16:02:16

Agree you will need a minimum of 7 to 10 days to do Orlando. With regards to villas, I would recommend Loyalty Homes, a company run by an english lady which is based close to Disney. She manages many luxury properties with private swimming pools many of which also have games rooms and all are within 4 miles of Disney. Have a look at http://www.loyaltyusa.com/
or have a look at this villa http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/usa/F1895.htm which I have just advertised on Owners Direct. If your DD is not too old for Minnie Mouse she would love the kids room wink

Can't help with beach recommendations but think Pagwatch is staying in Sarasota at Easter so she may be able to recommend somewhere.

Portofino Fri 23-Sep-11 19:48:27

Thanks! Will have a look at the links. So, allowing for travelling to Gatwick \
and back (another country and all) 10 nights in Orlando, then a week (and maybe a bit) on the beach.....

Has anyone travelled with Virgin? Is it better to buy their park ticket packages/excursions when booking, or can you get a much better deal else where?

mumofsoontobelawstudent Fri 23-Sep-11 22:31:27

we flew virgin when we went last october and have to say I was rather underwhelmed by them wink Used to fly with them all the time 7 - 10 years go but they have gone downhill.

We bought tickets from Kissimmee Guest Services (KGS) which is based in Celebration. Bought tickets online and picked up at 8am on way to park on first day. Have a look at their website (sorry don't have to hand and going to bed), they have a lot of deals.
PS, I now live near LGW so if you book my villa I might do you free gatwick parking wink

Portofino Sat 24-Sep-11 20:09:27

Ooh I will have a look!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now