Talk

Advanced search

Singapore and breastfeeding...

(4 Posts)
Sillyness Tue 06-Sep-11 15:54:40

So, I will be taking a young baby who is exclusively breastfed. What is the general feeling about breastfeeding in public? I know in UK, the law supports breastfeeding mums, but is it the same there?

Should I be hiding away so as not to offend?

LadyDamerel Tue 06-Sep-11 16:08:18

I did it if I absolutely had to but threw a muslin over my shoulder/baby's head just to make people do a double take to see what I was doing preserve my modesty/other people's sensibilities.

If I found a quiet corner to tuck away into then I did that instead - you don't tend to see people bfing in public there as you do here. However, if you ask someone wherever you are if there is somewhere you can go then they are very kind and helpful. And no one ever offered me the toilets!

drcrab Tue 06-Sep-11 16:11:27

no it's fine. I exclusively breastfed when I was there visiting family. I think as long as you're not making a big show of it and are discreet (muslin, or some sort of baby cover thing) it'll be fine. Having said that, I didn't cover up, and no one bat an eyelid. If anything, I had lots of smiles and encouraging nods.

Sillyness Wed 07-Sep-11 10:44:57

lovely, thank you both! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now