Talk

Advanced search

Longhaul check-in times

(8 Posts)
BecauseImWorthIt Tue 23-Aug-11 12:16:50

Can anyone advise re check-in times for British Airways flights to Boston? Am I right in thinking that they will be 3 hours?

TIA

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 23-Aug-11 12:35:56

If you have suitcases you will need to be there 3 hours before departure.

You can print off your boarding pass 24 hours prior to departure if you have access to a printer. If not, this can be done at the check in.

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 23-Aug-11 12:41:49

We're only going for a short time - probably Weds - Mon - so can manage with carry-on bags. Can also check in/print off boarding pass 24 hours in advance - but do we just turn up as per any other flight? For some reason I had it in my head that we needed to be there hours beforehand for the US.

CMOTdibbler Tue 23-Aug-11 12:45:59

Usually they want you to be at the actual gate an hour before departure, so at Heathrow you need to be at security 2 hours before tbh

Don't forget you need to have done your ESTA well ahead

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 23-Aug-11 13:30:21

What is ESTA - is that supplying them with extra info about us?

CMOTdibbler Tue 23-Aug-11 13:38:10

ESTA is where you get the approval to travel and inform them of where you will be staying.

You do it online here - costs $14 each, but lasts for years - you just update each time

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 23-Aug-11 13:44:25

thank you - I realise I could have Googled, so appreciate it!

EldonAve Tue 23-Aug-11 13:44:38

If you check in online & have bags to check you just need to be there before the bag drop closes which is usually 1 hr beforehand

But the airport is such a nightmare that it usually takes 2 hrs just to get from the bag drop to the gate so best to allow more time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now