Talk

Advanced search

Taxi's transfers and travelling with a tot

(4 Posts)
Kermitthemakeupartist Sat 20-Aug-11 16:57:50

We are taking our one year old son to Florida which is a 9 hour flight and were wondering if you have anytips on travelling? Also, what are the laws and restrictions on transporting babies in vehicles in the US as obviously we wont have a car seat.... Thanks very much

Kermitthemakeupartist Sat 20-Aug-11 16:59:36

We will not be hiring a car so will need to do a 20 mile trip in a taxi or shuttle bus.

soymama Sat 20-Aug-11 17:12:47

Travelled heaps in the U.S, with my DS (he's two) in Florida I just jumped in the taxi with DS on lap. But in Seattle we had to wait for a taxi that had a car seat. confused

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 20-Aug-11 19:49:29

I would arrange for the transfer to include a suitable car seat for your child before arrival into FL.

Florida car seat laws:-

Infants less than 20 pounds and under a year old must sit in a rear-facing car seat. When placing the child in the federally approved car seat, parents should make sure that the child is sitting upright in the seat. Children of all ages should not be placed in the front seat of a vehicle that has airbags.

Ages Up to and Including 3
Children up to 3 years old must sit in a federally approved car seat. Parents are responsible for buckling the children into the seat properly. Safety seats that are part of the vehicle are also acceptable for children under age 3. They may face the front as long as they are more than 20 pounds.

Read more: Child Car Seat Laws in Florida | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6023247_child-car-seat-laws-florida.html#ixzz1Vb2Owxot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now