Talk

Advanced search

Rainforest clothes?

(8 Posts)
cinnamonswirls Sun 31-Jul-11 12:59:27

ok reckon I'm going crazy but what should you wearin the rainforest? And not just for sartorial elegance!

Off for 10+ days do we (me and ds) need anything more than shorts and tshirts? Are long sleeves/legs better?

Just can't think what to take that is light, practical etc. jumpers? Wellies?

I know this is stupid but am waking up with increasingly random packing lists! Help!

Definately longs as well.

Strong boots.

Tons of socks.

cinnamonswirls Sun 31-Jul-11 17:05:47

Many thanks WTWW I was thinking of skipping the strong boots and going for converse type would they do? Is arranged trip not free tramping!

Hadn't even considered socks!

Plus do you recommend waterproofs or not bothering and just drying out?

Holiday of a lifetime and am so totally clueless - leaving later this week...

divingworldchampion Sun 31-Jul-11 17:25:05

It really depends on how "extreme" where you are going is but I would agree with wild, you need strong boots, preferably goretex, long trousers that dry quickly (eg rohans) and t shirts that aren't white as anything white looks manky very quickly. You will need a good waterproof and possibly a waterproof cover for your rucksack if you are trekking and camping. Don't forget good insect repellant.

ajandjjmum Sun 31-Jul-11 17:32:17

Look on the tripadvisor forums for the area that you're going to - loads of people are bound to have asked the same question.

Very jealous - have fun!

Shanghaidiva Wed 03-Aug-11 10:19:42

Long trousers and loads of bug spray.

Pekkala Wed 03-Aug-11 10:30:36

I've got craghoppers stuff that I've used in Australian rainforest. It's very lightweight, dries quickly and packs into very little space. I have got long sleeved shirts and trousers (which I tuck into my socks - sod style, keep the biting buggers out!). I get the 'nosilife' stuff which is impregnated with mosquito repellent, but you will need insect spray as well.
Currently lots (up to) 70% off at craghoppers - www.craghoppers.com/
and code 'CE64' may give an extra 20% off and free postage (it was working at the end of last week).

Pekkala Wed 03-Aug-11 10:42:16

I ordered these: www.craghoppers.com/buy/pika-duo-convertible-trousers-regular-190770 (amongst other things...) - not anti mosi but they convert into long/short shorts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now