Talk

Advanced search

Stopover in Dubai with kids 2 and 4

(3 Posts)
MrsCF Mon 25-Jul-11 21:27:42

Hello, we are currently in the process of booking flights to Perth Australia. The best price on flights is with Emirates. I think we will fly straight there but I am trying to decide whether to stop off in Dubai on the way home.
Is it a good place to stop off, what would you do there to entertain a 2 and 4 year old?

kittensliveupstairs Wed 10-Aug-11 11:34:27

I think it is Ramadhan at the moment so I would avoid it.
Emirates is a fabulous airline by the way.

mumofsussex Wed 10-Aug-11 19:54:16

I would imagine if you have not yet gone to Perth and will be spending time there by the time you get back to Dubai Ramadan will be finished.
I agree Emirates is a fabulous airline, particuarly when travelling with children. Before my DD was 1 she had flown 16 times, mostly with Emirates and I couldn't fault them.

I think a few days in Dubai on the way back would be lovely and can highly recommend the Jumeirah beach hotel which has a fabulous kids club called Sinbads. We've stayed there a few times and always impressed and you get free entry into the Wild Wadi waterpark next door which the kids would love. Stayed at Atlantis earlier this year and whilst it looks very impressive the customer service was, in my opinion appalling and it was not as child friendly as JB.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now