Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wow! The "holiday of a lifetime" lived up to all expectations. :)

(7 Posts)
Milliways Sat 23-Jul-11 21:22:34

We have been really fortunate and been on Safari in Kenya. We did 7 nights, saw game reserves, Mount Kenya, Rift Valley lakes and the Masai Mara. It was truly magical. Even better, we had the safari van for just our family of 4 for the week.

I have now walked right up to baby giraffes, had a boat ride through hippos, thrown fruit from my balcony to a wild elephant, looked out of a lodge window directly ar a family of 10 elephants, seen Lions eating Wildebeest, lepoards in a tree, litters of cheetah & lion cubs - the list goes on.

Then we collapsed for 5 nights at our first ever all inclusive resort (kids had never stayed in a hotel with us - we do caravans & tents - and they are 15 & 20!)

Thanks to those who gave me ideas & tips when we were planning what holiday to do. smile

KatyMac Sat 23-Jul-11 21:30:58

Wow that sounds amazing; what a wonderful holiday

Did you need lots of inoculations or malaria treatments?

roisin Sat 23-Jul-11 21:39:28

Wow! What company did you go with?
Sounds amazing.

Milliways Sat 23-Jul-11 21:43:11

Yep! I had to have the Dip/Tet/polio booster, we all had Hep A & Typhoid (free on NHS) + Yellow fever (c.£50 each) + malaria tablets!

Now I am thinking should book another holiday to use those jabs - but budget decrees we should be back in a tent smile

Milliways Sat 23-Jul-11 21:45:12

We went with Somak

HerRoyalNotness Sat 23-Jul-11 21:46:16

Sounds amazing! Would love to do a trip like that

Milliways Sat 23-Jul-11 21:46:27

Oh, and booking through our local Travel Agent meant we got it a LOT cheaper then the online prices smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now