Talk

Advanced search

Half a day sightseeing in Miami - where should I go?

(8 Posts)
vanimal Tue 19-Jul-11 16:29:00

Hello,

I am lucky enough to be going to Miami for 2 days, for a work trip.

I have never been before, and should have the second afternoon free for a quick bout of sightseeing.

I don't know where I am staying yet, but it's likely to be close to the airport. Any suggestions of places I can visit?

thanks!

Al0uiseG Tue 19-Jul-11 16:33:19

South Beach, without a moments hesitation. Miles of white sandy beaches yet one block away from the shopping. Lincoln Road Mall has fantastic shops and restaurants.

The Art Deco buildings are stunning.

Shopping, eating and people watching are brilliant in South Beach, however as i am as shallow as a puddle i cant really recommend any more cultural sights to see.

vanimal Wed 20-Jul-11 13:08:57

Shallow is fine by me smile An afternoon at the beach sounds great, I will definitely head there.

Don't fancy spending precious kiddie free time shopping, but eating and sunbathing - yay!

Thank you!

Al0uiseG Wed 20-Jul-11 15:59:26

If you want serious high end shopping then Bal Harbour is incredible.

i am beyond jealous, have fun!

mumtoted Wed 20-Jul-11 16:06:43

I stayed on south Beach for a week but the only sight seeing I did was in the malls smile

Al0uiseG Wed 20-Jul-11 16:09:22

Ha ha, i threw in a few bars and restaurants too wink The best way to kick jetlag is actually to go out all night and fall into bed when the sun is coming up.

electricslide Thu 21-Jul-11 09:20:18

What about a Miami duck tour? Covers South Beach and surrounding area on land and sea in 90 minutes- very silly but fun.

TanyaBranning Sat 06-Aug-11 13:34:41

It's not really a 'sight seeing' place, Miami.

South Beach is the place you want to be for the beach, bars etc. Brunch at the News Cafe on Ocean Drive and then drinks along the drive could take you a whole day and night, easily grin. Try out the swanky hotel bars and see if you can blag in to Nikki Beach.

If you want to shop, you can get a bus from South Beach to Aventura Mall - half an hour-ish, I think. Or if you're driving, go to Dade mall (big) or The Falls mall (designer).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now