Talk

Advanced search

Las Vegas Hotels

(9 Posts)
goingbacktowork Tue 05-Jul-11 20:06:30

If you could stay at any hotel in Las Vegas which one would you stay at? They all look nice to me but I have been asked to arrange a trip and have no idea which are better then others? Also other then gambling (which I don't do!) what is there to do there - see shows, take in the whole spectacle. Anything else? Thanks

andiem Tue 05-Jul-11 20:09:38

I have stayed at the Venetian recently and wouldn't go back. My dh travels their every year he by choice would stay in the newest such as the wynn/ encore or the cosmopolitan the other one he rates is the bellagio.

Tsil Tue 05-Jul-11 20:14:05

They are all nice but if money was no object then Mandarin oriental in the new city centre bit on the strip. Wynn, encore at Wynn, Bellagio, Pallazzo, Venetion are all gorgeous but expensive. MGM, planet Hollywood, Caesar's palace are all great and little bit more reasonable.

There are loads of things to do, shop, eat, see a show or 4, go to the clubs like tao, studio 54 etc. Go downtown to Freemont street it's a must. Every hotel has huge pool areas, a lot have VIP places like the wet republic at MGM. Great for celebrity spotting especially at this time of year.

Vegas is my favourite place on earth!

Tsil Tue 05-Jul-11 20:21:53

Also trips to the grand canyon. If you can afford it then do the helicopter as otherwise it is a 4 hrs journey one way on a coach, it's about an hour and half by air iirc.

mycatthinksshesatiger Tue 05-Jul-11 20:30:00

Depends if you are with DC and what time of year? We went in August and stayed at the Cancun. It was bliss (apart from the huge check-in queue). It's a short drive to the main action though (they run an infrequent shuttle!) but the room was gorgeous and the pool is lovely. It was very good value and was nice not being in a full-on hotel with the kids tbh. If I was going without the DC I would stay in the Venetian or the New York one for wow factor, or Bellagio for luxury.

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 05-Jul-11 22:25:31

I would also ask what time of year (Las Vegas is extremely hot from late spring to the end of summer) and if children are travelling with you. That will also have a bearing re accommodation (some hotels are more family oriented than others). If you have children I'd be staying at the Signature at MGM Grand or the Four Seasons - if funds permit (both are non gaming and non smoking facilities).

(Forget about going to Wet Republic at MGM Grand unless you are 20 years old!!!. It was full of loud Ivy League college kids).

goingbacktowork Tue 05-Jul-11 22:32:26

trip without kids!

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 06-Jul-11 08:58:38

Without children I'd be looking at the Cosmopolitan, Aria, Wynn or its sister hotel Encore.

joydivisionovengloves Wed 06-Jul-11 19:36:20

I've stayed at Planet Hollywood and Caesar's Palace and would recommend either, they are both in a good central location on the strip too.

I would wholeheartedly recommend an evening at the Duelling Piano show at Times Square bar in New York New York. It is brilliant!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: