Talk

Advanced search

The beaches resort - turks and caicos, reviews please!

(4 Posts)
buktus Thu 16-Jun-11 06:55:45

would love your opinions thanks

PalmTrees Thu 16-Jun-11 19:55:12

I've been 3 times so obviously love it there. Kids camp is fantastic, beach gorgeous, more restaurants than you'll have time to try during 2 weeks and several different pools all with different atmospheres eg relaxing, party pool, games pool etc. Would be happy to answer any questions you have.

buktus Fri 17-Jun-11 06:58:52

Thanks - What time of year do you go and do they have a lower quiet season at all. Do they do activities that you can all do together as a family and what room and village do you stay in?

PalmTrees Fri 17-Jun-11 17:18:41

We go sometime between Easter and July, it has always been almost at capacity when we have been but the property is so huge it doesn't feel crowded. I believe they are quieter around sept, oct, nov but the weather can be cooler and wetter then.
We stay in the Caribbean village, have stayed in the basic room and two different concierge rooms. The basic room is absolutely fine for up to 4 people, the others are slightly bigger and have minibars. I have looked at rooms ithe French village and although nice I can't see they are worth any extra money. The italian village rooms are nice but there is a huge price difference and unless you went for a butler suite staying in the Italian village would make no difference to your holiday so again not worth the extra money IMO.
Activities - you can do the watersports together, sailing, aquatrikes etc and the waterpark has something for everyone. The kids camp activities are generally just for the kids but some of the sesame street activities are open to everyone. The evening entertainment is aimed at the whole family, there is tennis (although I think its too hot to play!) and all the pools are very family friendly. They do have some pool games and olympics etc around the french pool everyday that everyone can join in and regular games of beach volleyball.
Hope this helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now