Talk

Advanced search

Malaysia - vaccinations?

(6 Posts)
MarioandLuigi Wed 15-Jun-11 13:22:59

I am busy planning (and saving for) a trip to Australia that we are hoping to go on in 2013 for us and the 3 DC's.

We would like to go to other countries on the way - DH likes the idea of Dubai but I have vetoed as it will be too hot.

We have looked at Malaysia but im unclear whether we would need any vaccinations or anti malaria drugs. DH is very needle phobic so we need to avoid anywhere thats going to mean a needle.

hollypocks Wed 15-Jun-11 14:43:56

Yes, you would need vacinnations, but I can't remember which ones off the top of my head. Unless you go really off the beaten track you won't need anti-malaria medication.

Sidge Wed 15-Jun-11 15:00:43

Yes you should be up to date for diphtheria, tetanus and polio, and Hepatitis A is recommended.

Some areas of Malaysia need antimalarials, mainly the deep forested areas of central Malaysia and Borneo (Sabah and Sarawak).

Depending on when you go, Malaysia may be more humid even if not quite as hot as Dubai.

Vaccine wise if your DH won't entertain a single vaccine then you need to head straight for Oz and not step out of the airports on the way.

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 15-Jun-11 16:54:39

Transferring via Singapore may be another option for you to consider.

MarioandLuigi Thu 16-Jun-11 10:45:51

Thats another idea - I have read that we wouldnt need vaccinations for Singapore, but is there alot to do so that we could spend 4 or 5 days there?

I'm in Malaysia. Where are you planning to go? PM me if you wish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now