Talk

Advanced search

when to book flights to vietnam?

(3 Posts)
GirlWithTheMouseyHair Sun 12-Jun-11 20:43:35

Planning 3 weeks in Vietnam next March/April with 3yr old and 4month old. We'll fly to Hanoi and stay in the north of the country.

Have worked out what seems to be the best deals on flights but with longhaul is it better (like shorthaul) to book a lot in advance or can you get better deals the closer it gets? Baby is due end of November so we can either book the other 3 flights now then add on baby once it's born, or book altogether at the end of the year.

If anyone's been to Vietnam with small children, any recommendations very gratefully received! We're planning on backpacking but not trying to see more than 4 or 5 different places

hifi Wed 15-Jun-11 10:46:39

in advance is cheaper,try air asia or eva air, the later do offers of premium economy same price as regular seats.
we took dd,5 years old in 2010 to Hanoi and to be honest it was a slog,we didnt find Hanoi very easy to get around and the traffic is awful. We had a better time,without chilren, in Saigon,theres more there.
try and stay in the best hotel you can afford as anything less is pretty dire.theres rats everywhere. also check out your jabs well in advance.
i think you are being very brave!

hollypocks Wed 15-Jun-11 14:46:15

I have just got a very good deal with Malaysia Airlines for this October to Bali, I think you need to really look from about 6 months beforehand to get the best deals. Would second Air Asia but their prices seem to have gone up lately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now