Talk

Advanced search

advice needed re cambodia, vietnam and thailand trip

(4 Posts)
nightowlmostly Wed 08-Jun-11 03:53:17

Hi, just wondered if anyone has any advice, we are planning a trip in january.

We went to Thailand last Jan, Koh Chang in the south-east, and it was the best holiday we've ever had. We were thinking to do the same again, but then thought that maybe we'd like to see Vietnam and Cambodia instead, or as well. We have just over two weeks.

I'd be up for roughing it a bit, but still to have the beach holiday experience, a nice hotel definitely at the end of the trip at least. Anyone with any info on good resorts or hotels in that part of the world, please share!

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 08-Jun-11 09:28:22

Where abouts in both Cambodia and Vietnam are you planning to go.
When we went to Hanoi we stayed at the Army hotel. Sounds horrible but it was fantastic.
In Cambodia we went to the Juliana in Phomh Penh. DH went to Angkor Wat and just stayed in a hotel he found when he got off the plane.

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 08-Jun-11 09:28:55

I should add, that five years ago, both places were cheaper than Thailand.

wideawakenurse Wed 06-Jul-11 17:30:45

Yes, more info on where you plan to stay please smile

For a relaxing, beach part of the trip I would recommend Mui-ne in Vietnam. It's about 3 hours from HCMC. We stayed in a place called Cham villas. Absolutely beautiful and total relaxation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now