Talk

Advanced search

Jumeriah beach - questions

(6 Posts)
k75 Wed 25-May-11 17:54:15

appreciate help from anyone that has been. We have a 2 and 4 yr old. Did you eat with your kids in the evening? Did you book a babysitter if you wanted to eat on your own? We can only afford one room so wonder if it will be cramped.

mumoverseas Thu 26-May-11 09:06:35

We've been a few times with DC3 and 4, now aged 4 and 2. The standard rooms are big enough for the king size bed and a cot and roll out bed for the kids, not massive, but big enough.

We ate with our kids a few times and once we did get a babysitter that we booked through the hotel.

The Sinbads kids club is excellent. All kids get one free session per day, I think it was 3 or 4 hours in the morning, 3 hours in the afternoon or 2 hours in the evening (meal times). I think you can pay for extra sessions. The staff in the kids club were fabulous and the facilities excellent.

MoniDubai Sat 28-May-11 09:25:22

Been living in Dubai for 6 years, go to or better subscribe to www.doindubai.com, latest post on fab affordable child friendly restaurants, don't pay astronomical prices in 5 * Dubai hotels, thanks
doindubai.com/2011/05/27/not-quite-fine-dining-but-fine-food-in-dubai-anyway/

copycat Sun 29-May-11 10:25:59

Hi k75,

The rooms are big enough for 2+2.

As Moni says there are cheaper dining options outside the JBH. Even next door in the Jumeirah Madinat Souk you will find a choice of slightly cheaper restaurants including a noodle bar etc. Take a taxi to the Jumeirah Beach 'Walk' one evening and/or to the Marina area.

Tripadvisor is the best place to ask for specific suggestions: Dubai forum here

Have a great trip.

exhausted2011 Mon 06-Jun-11 13:02:54

the kids club is really good, don't remember having to pay extra at all
We also got a book of vouchers for our meals, could choose lunch or dinner at the cheaper restaurants. think we were half board.
After a week the food starts to look the same in all the restaurants, but the Souk next door is lovely
Water park is fantastic
room shouldn't be too small
we took our 3 yr old out and he went to sleep in the buggy, a guess a 4 year old is a bit big for that maybe?

Nicky1234 Thu 30-Jun-11 16:36:29

We've been 3 times now and both of your children will eat for free all of the time - including room service which works brilliantly. The kids club is free once they are able to stay on their own (2 up if memory serves me right). We have used the same babysitter - Suja - since our little one was 6 months and she is wonderful. If she's still there I would highly recommend as we, and friends, have used her. If you use a babysitter more than once they do try to give you the same person.
I am seriosuly jealous, our little boys still say Dubai is there favourite place EVER....
One thing I would say though, if you can get an executive room with access to the leisure lounge - they meet you literally at the plane door on arrival and take you through the airport - great with little ones.
Have a fabulous time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now