Talk

Advanced search

Singapore - specifically Sentosa Island hotels

(10 Posts)
Sandgroper Mon 23-May-11 16:38:55

Hi

Wondering if anyone can help regarding hotel recommendations on Sentosa Island?

We need a hotel in Oct (going outside of UK school hols) that is family friendly to cater for a teenager, a toddler and grandparents. Asking a lot I know.

Want to visit Universal Studios and was recommended "Hard Rock Hotel" by Travel Agent. Anyone been and is it any good or is there something better? Want something 4 or 5 star (my Mum's request).

Your comments/recommendations appreciated.

Thanks smile

gregssausageroll Tue 24-May-11 21:33:01

Shangri-la.

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 25-May-11 07:29:01

I'd also say the Shangri La as well.

Sandgroper Wed 25-May-11 10:30:11

Many thanks Gregssausageroll and AttilaTheMeerkat for your recommendation, I shall look into it.

Cheers

gregssausageroll Wed 25-May-11 14:03:40

No worries. Have had drinks in it only but I did stay in the one in the city. Great chain of 5 star hotels. DH and I still talk about their buffet breakfast in the city hotel. Utterly amazing with show cooking and lots of weird and wonderful creations!

drcrab Sat 13-Aug-11 00:34:50

For posh you could try raffles? We had our wedding reception there. Brilliant service and rooms.

dost Mon 15-Aug-11 19:07:54

and for raffles dont forget to take out 2nd mortgage before u go!! i am just back from 5 wks in singapore/malaysia, husband works out there, we went to raffles for a drink, 1 singapore sling, 1 tiger beer, 1 fruit juice £40!!!

dost Mon 15-Aug-11 19:11:13

btw universal studios was FABULOUS!! spent entire day there with a very happy 9 yr old, very very hot there so make sure u have plenty to drink!!

thekidsmom Fri 19-Aug-11 16:04:08

Singapore is so easy to get around, and small, that you dont necessarily have to stay on the isalnd to visit the resorts/Universal - it really is very easy to navigate.

We're just back from the Intercontinental on Middle Road and i'd recommend it as being very convenient for everywhere...

Sandgroper Sat 03-Sep-11 21:13:30

Thanks to you all for your recommendations, sorry for the delay in responding. Been away for the summer hols.

Mum has booked us rooms at the Shangri La on Setosa, so yah, really looking forward to it.

Dost - Been to Raffles before, but about 15 years ago... Wow at those drinks prices just like London's finer hotels!!! Glad you liked Universal Studios, been to the one in the US and really enjoyed it! My niece who is 13 is sure to love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now