Talk

Advanced search

totalflorida.co.uk anyone used them?

(4 Posts)
ilove Sun 02-Jan-11 16:50:22

Any experiences with this company please? They are ABTA and ATOL bonded so I guess that's about as much protection as we can hope for, and they fly to Orlando with both Virgin and Continental.

Thanks - before I sign our lives away!

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 02-Jan-11 17:59:05

ilove,

ATOL would give more protection than just having an ABTA membership.

Only BA and Virgin fly direct into Orlando; Continental (motto should be Not Quite the Worst) fly into either Newark or Houston and then you need to change planes. A same day internal transfer within the US is not adviseable as it can take up a lot of time - I would always fly direct if at all possible.

I would use either BA or Virgin's website and do a cost comparison on each. Both can provide hotels as well as flights.

ilove Sun 02-Jan-11 18:54:33

Thanks

I have costed it with Virgin and it is over £1500 more for the same (non negotiable for us) dates and accomodation, so the internal flights from Newark don't make it as bad an option as paying that extra cash would make up for iyswim. The turn-round times are good, and we'd only have to wait for luggage at Orlando, not wait to be allocated accomodation etc.

Any other opinions?

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 03-Jan-11 09:08:23

Have you looked at BA; sometimes Virgin are more expensive that BA anyway.

How much time is allocated between the arrival into Newark and the flight to Orlando?. I would give yourself around 2.5 hours to 3 hours to be on the safe side. Less than that is pushing it.

You would need to clear immigration and customs at Newark and all this will take time. You would collect your cases at Newark and place them back onto their transfer carousel. Newark's immigration hall is large and they often have a fair number of staff on to process the pax and quite quickly as well. (Its not the worst airport by any means and I have used this airport than once to go to NYC).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now