Talk

Advanced search

mumsnetters!! WWYD help please..

(8 Posts)
Scarlett175 Mon 20-Dec-10 07:38:06

due to fly to SF from heathrow Tuesday and now am panicking at all then pics of people sleeping overnight in the airport. Will be travelling with 8 month old DD and DH, and Virgin/Heathrow website aren't giving any specifics but say there will still be disruptions and cancellations/delays Tuesday??

my flight number if I were travelling today, says 'scheduled' so as we would need to have left by this time I am thinking I will just have to leave and get there to whatever chaos but am very stressed out at the thought of it, great way to start a holiday!! as DH is a reluctant traveller anyway, he has started pointing out we could get a full refund on our tickets and stay home, but we are visiting my brother for xmas and we WERE very excited. Thoughts, reassurance, anything from you seasoned travellers...

bubbles4 Mon 20-Dec-10 07:41:07

Could you ring Virgin and ask for their advice,it does look totally chaotic there from what I,ve seen on the news.

maltesers Mon 20-Dec-10 07:41:59

My DS 10yrs went to Heathrow with his Dad and DP and son to go skiing to Switzerland yesterday, but flight was cancelled so they have driven there and arrived in the early hours this morning. . . .!!
Where is SF please. . .? ? ? ?

HowsTheSerenity Mon 20-Dec-10 07:44:38

I would not leave the house until you have spoken to a virgin rep.
Tell them you have small children and need current information.
And then read the small print on your travel insurance.
Good luck!

arentfanny Mon 20-Dec-10 07:46:35

San Fransisco, so not really drivable.

Scarlett175 Mon 20-Dec-10 07:50:53

have tried to get through to Virgin but understandably I guess, the phones are a nightmare to get through on. Will keep trying...

The thing is, if I know theres a delay etc I almost would not mind being pushed to wed or thurs at the latest if it meant definite flight etc without all this chaos. Typical we have never been away for xmas before, and all hell breaks loose!!

maltesers Mon 20-Dec-10 07:51:20

aaahhh, yes a long way. . .oh well i do hope you make it there. . .wishing you patience and lots of good xmas luck that the flight happens. . .and with baby in tow you have no awful delays. . xx

Alouiseg Mon 20-Dec-10 07:56:33

Virgin and Heathrow are doing regular updates on Twitter. If that helps?

01293 493600 is a good contact number for virgin.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: