Talk

Advanced search

Travelling longhaul with bugaboo

(5 Posts)
Seussy Tue 14-Dec-10 09:56:25

Hi
Was wondering if anyone had any problems travellign with their Bugaboo longhaul? We are flying with Singapore Airlines and as LO is only 3 months, have decided to bring the precious Bugaboo so he can nap in it. Have also bought the Bugaboo travel bag. However, am a bit nervous bringing it on such a long journey. Also does anyone know if I can bring it right to the gate as it's a big stroller?

ThisIsYourSong Thu 16-Dec-10 23:40:09

Yup, you can with Singapore Airlines, someone on our flight had one as we saw them packing it down at the gate. SA are brilliant with kids!

You can take it right up to the gate, and then you get it back just outside the aircraft door. They will give you a gate check tag for it at check-in. Everyone told us we wouldn't get ours back until the baggage claim, but it wasn't true so check with the airline staff if you are unsure.

Take it to the gate and pick it up at the gate - or invest in one of the travel bags for it. Mine got absolutely shredded on a Virgin flight, the hood ripped off. Really upsetting. If damage does happen - report it to the aviation handling desk straight away and get a claim form, otherwise the insurance claim is really problematic.

Hopefully you can avoid this!

Electricstarfish Tue 11-Jan-11 19:56:57

If you've paid out for a lovely bugaboo - think twice about taking it. Ive done a bit of flying with kids and they throw buggies around like madness. Worth borrowing/buying cheap stroller rather than trash your nice one!

PatriciaHolm Thu 13-Jan-11 17:09:21

As the others say, you can, but I wouldn't recommend taking such an expensive buggy on an airline. The buggies get thrown around with no respect for them, and even with a travel bag there is a good chance it'll get bashed. I would take an umbrella fold stroller if I were you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now