Talk

Advanced search

Disney and Florida tickets

(7 Posts)
CheeseCheese Sat 27-Nov-10 16:40:15

two weeks
want to do water parks too
are htinking 5 day disney and ? flex ticket for how many days

also are thinknig of a dinner show - anyoen done one?

blametheparents Sat 27-Nov-10 16:43:38

Aquatica is great, you should try and fit that in if you can.
We also really enjoyed Seaworld, esp my DD.

Disney tkts are expensive no matter how you organise it, but you will have the best time ever.

We didn;t do any evening shows, but we did eat out quite a bit. Lots of choice.
You have made me want to go back!

CheeseCheese Sat 27-Nov-10 16:46:20

thanks yes, i dont want to OVER buy ticket days if you know what i mean

mumoverseas Sun 28-Nov-10 15:34:11

ouch! sounds very expensive.
Seems a bit of a waste if you are thinking of the 14 day Orlando flex ticket (Universal, Islands of Adventure, Seaworld, Aquatica and Wet & Wild) Its 14 days from 1st use but if you are doing 5 days at Disney too that will get very expensive.

We went earlier this month and bought the flexticket and just a one day Disney one and went to Magic Kingdom. We've been quite a few times before and so just did MK for the little ones and the Flexticket parks for the older ones who were gagging to do the new Harry Potter rides at Islands of Adventure and Aquatica which we'd not done before.

I'd recommend booking through Kissimmee Guest services. They can post tickets to you or you can pick them up on your arrival. They are based in Celebration which is just a few miles from Disney. We used them for the first time this trip and were very impressed and will be recommending to all our guests (we rent a villa out in Orlando)
Have a look at their website :http://www.kgstickets.com/

we've only done 1 dinner show which was the polynesian one at Seaworld (around 8 years ago) but was very good.

CheeseCheese Sun 28-Nov-10 18:16:27

thanks!!

amicissima Tue 30-Nov-10 20:40:27

I've always used Attraction Tickets Direct, who are in London. They sell actual tickets, rather than vouchers and post them to you so you have them before you go.

Have a good look on their website - there are a zillion permutations of tickets. Last time I got so confused that I phoned them and got really helpful advice. I also found the same tickets cheaper online elsewhere and they price-matched.

IME it is better to overbuy tickets, partly because it often works out the same price, and partly because it's great to be flexible about where you go back to. It's so disappointing, having spent all that money to be there in the first place, if you really want to go back to park x, but only have tickets left for park y.

Another tip: if you're going at a busy time, specially if there are 4 or 5 of you, is that it can be cheaper to buy one night in a Universal hotel, even if you are staying elsewhere, than it is to buy family Express Passes for two days. You can check into your hotel room on the first morning and the room keys (one per person) work as an unlimited Express Pass all that day and all the next. (It's very hard to find out the price of an Express Pass in advance, however, so you would either have to gamble on this or book when you get there!)

amicissima Tue 30-Nov-10 20:50:02

For a dinner show, have a look at The Outta Control Magic Show. It's in Wonderworks, which some people love and some hate (we didn't go in).

The dinner is pretty basic - pizza, salad, wine/beer/soft drinks, cake - and you share a big table with other people. The magic isn't top flight stuff, but it is convincing. The audience is quite close, and we found it very good, funny and generally good entertainment. It isn't too long, either.

It's very popular; you would need to book.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: