Talk

Advanced search

Can i check 2 car seats into the hold, on a virgin longhaul flight?

(6 Posts)
diddle Tue 23-Nov-10 14:13:02

DH, Me, DS1yr, DS3yr & DS4yr are travelling to orlando in a few weeks, and we are taking our own car seats for use in our hire car, with all 3 kids needing car seats it was going to cost $500 extra on the holiday to hire them for our duration.
DS4yr will have a booster which fits in our suitcase, but the younger 2 have proper solid car seats. I know we are allowed at least 1, but has anyone checked 2 into the holds without paying an extra cost?
I have checked virgin website and their customer services too already.

HSMM Wed 24-Nov-10 08:42:26

Check anyway, but I would have thought that you and your DH would be allowed to take 1 each?

gregssausageroll Wed 24-Nov-10 08:48:10

I am not sure but if someone says yes, ask them for it in writing!

mumoverseas Wed 24-Nov-10 15:40:48

we flew Virgin to Orlando last month and took a car seat and a booster seat with no problems. Pretty sure it is one per child. Are you taking a pram too?

diddle Thu 25-Nov-10 18:25:26

Have emailed them so i can print it out as proof.
mumoverseas, will be taking a umbrella fold double buggy, but will take it to the gate with us.

mumoverseas Fri 26-Nov-10 05:48:49

I'm sure you'll be fine. Make sure your bags aren't overweight though as they made the people at the check in next to us re-pack at the check in and also they weighed our hand luggage and DS's bag was very heavy as he had lots of books in it (revising for exams) so they made him take some out and DD had to carry then.

Hope you have a fab time, very envy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: