Talk

Advanced search

Pushchairs and Airoplanes

(9 Posts)
tryingtobemarypoppins2 Sun 14-Nov-10 21:30:12

Talk to me! Please!

Bugaboo Phil and Teds Double?? Will either be ok or are they too big??

BikeRunSki Sun 14-Nov-10 21:34:28

I have been on a flight where a tandem P&T sport went on at the door, and a Mountain Buggy double. Same flight. I would ring airline though.

mousymouse Sun 14-Nov-10 21:35:10

they should be fine, airlines only ask for them to be folded in one piece. take a sling anyway, as you will only get the pushchair back with the luggage (after immigration) at most airports...

tryingtobemarypoppins2 Sun 14-Nov-10 21:38:16

Folded in one piece?? That would rule the Bugaboo out then?? How vital would a double be for a 9month old and a 2 year old for a week in Barbados? I do have a simple umbrella Maraclan but the Bugaboo is so much more comfy for sleeping in (I was thinking in the evenings if we went out for a while)??

SIM78 Mon 15-Nov-10 13:43:22

i have travelled with a phil & ted to oz with an 2 1/2 yr old and 1 1/2 year old took the p& t all the way to the plane door then i folded it and put it away in the bags you can get for them i travelled BA qantas to Sinagapore about 2yrs ago not sue if this has changed will be makin the trip with a four five and 7 mth old this time. I found the P&T really usefull as my younger girl liked to have a sleep it has a slight recline which was enough for her to get a 35 to 40 minute sleep while we were out and about.
Good luck

omnishambles Mon 15-Nov-10 13:47:10

I wouldnt take a buggy like that - I dont think you will use it depending on how far your resort is from evening places - or do you mean just going out within the hotel to the restaurant?

mrsgordonfreeman Mon 15-Nov-10 13:59:46

FWIW, my experience might be helpful: I went to America for what I thought would be a week in April with a second hand M&P Pulse (very like a Techno) and a 5 month old. My usual pram is a Stokke Xplory and I couldn't face hauling that around for a week.

I flew Virgin and was allowed to take it on board as hand luggage going out (Upper Class) which was great.

We got stranded in New York because of the volcano for a month and tbh the Pulse was excellent, we were able to lug it up and down the stairs to the subway, it folded up nicely out of the way and DD slept beautifully in it.

I also took a sling which was handy on the way back because I slummed it in Premium Economy and it had to be checked in.

tryingtobemarypoppins2 Mon 15-Nov-10 21:52:33

slummed it in Premium Economy grin poor you!

Thanks everyone. Here's to fun in the sun.....I hope!!

oldraver Sat 04-Dec-10 22:37:56

IME they ask you at check in how many pieces the pushchair folds in, I think mostly just to give you correct amount of baggage tags, so if you did take a Bugaboo it wouldn't matter so long as each piece had a tag

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now