Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this appropriate?

(6 Posts)
northstar Sat 30-Jul-05 11:07:41

ds (3yrs3mths) access arrangements are one day per weekend, at his dads parents house. Which day this is is decided by his dad to suit him. He has just told me he took ds to a funeral last sunday.
It wasn't a close friend or family member.
I wasn't consulted, he didn't even bother to tell me, it just came up during a conversation about the next visit.
I am really that he took him, especially as I didnt even have the opportunity to discuss this event with ds.
Am I over-reacting? I don't need to be consulted on every move but surely this is a major event in a childs life?

alexsmum Sat 30-Jul-05 11:09:31

i don't think its appropriate.it should deff be a joint decision when a child is ready for something like this. it could prey on his mind and you wouldn't have a clue.....
ggrrrr would be very

Caligula Sat 30-Jul-05 11:19:57

No of course it's not appropriate.

But that's really not going to bother your ex, is it. He doesn't have to do anything appropriate. He has rights without responsibility. Great guy, he sounds. NOT.

northstar Sat 30-Jul-05 11:24:08

Caligula you know what he's like - you have advised me before when he behaved like a a**hole.
I wish him dead regularly.

Caligula Sat 30-Jul-05 11:31:06

When easy divorce was first mooted, one of the arguments was that it would mean couples wouldn't have an incentive to murder each other. It seems to me that the conditions of divorce (ie the absent parent allowed to stand outside the family pissing in) make murder just as attractive as the conditions of marriage once did!

northstar Sat 30-Jul-05 11:34:29

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now