Advanced search

Benefit advice please!! Mainly income support & ??

(12 Posts)
essbee Wed 13-Jul-05 13:44:37

Message withdrawn

essbee Wed 13-Jul-05 13:45:25

Message withdrawn

spacedonkey Wed 13-Jul-05 13:46:03

essbee, you should get housing benefit and council tax benefit too

sparklymieow Wed 13-Jul-05 13:46:22

Income support and CTC, if you get DLA the CTC will go up, you also maybe able to claim carers allowence, Housing benifit and council tax benifit

essbee Wed 13-Jul-05 13:48:16

Message withdrawn

spacedonkey Wed 13-Jul-05 13:49:31

for Housing and Council Tax Benefits you need to call your local council

sorry to hear about your job essbee however it might be ablessing in disguise - as you say, gives you time to concentrate on getting better and for the kids too

sparklymieow Wed 13-Jul-05 13:49:42

No, you can get CTC for the kids you have, you don't get WTC, I get CTC and don't work, it replaced the Child part of Income support, Income support will only pay you for you now.

essbee Wed 13-Jul-05 13:54:43

Message withdrawn

spacedonkey Wed 13-Jul-05 13:55:30

I didn't know that about the income support either!

essbee Wed 13-Jul-05 13:56:11

Message withdrawn

sparklymieow Wed 13-Jul-05 14:02:14

The Tax credits are paid in 3 parts, CTC is the part that everyone can cliam, whether they work or not, WTC is for people who work on low incomes, and the childcare is paid if you work and need help with costs.

nightowl Wed 20-Jul-05 04:13:06

free school meals and school trips too

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: