Talk

Advanced search

choosing single motherhood?

(8 Posts)
HelenRosie Sun 08-Nov-09 12:24:15

Hi, Was just wondering if there are any mums here who are single mums by choice rather than circumstance?

thesunshinesbrightly Sun 08-Nov-09 12:58:27

I love bein a single mom

Earlybird Sun 08-Nov-09 13:09:40

Yes, there are several of us here who post regularly.

Where are you in the process of considering/doing?

HelenRosie Sun 08-Nov-09 20:20:26

I'm planning to have a baby with a gay friend who wants to be a hands on dad, so while my child will know their dad, I'll effectively be a single mum.

strawbs45 Sun 08-Nov-09 22:54:13

Hi I am a single professional mum with happy confident children.I am 45 and just found out I am pregnant. I am delighted but cant help worrying about what other people will think.

thesunshinesbrightly Sun 08-Nov-09 23:27:27

It's your life not their's do what is right for your children and you

colditz Sun 08-Nov-09 23:32:44

I personally think that if you knowingly cannot support yourself financially at the time of conception, it is wrong to have a baby.

If you can, then you are having a baby to be raised by 2 loving parents, albeit in two different homes. What's not to like?

RockinSockBunnies Sun 08-Nov-09 23:33:31

Well, DD's father made it very clear as soon as I found out that I was pregnant that he wasn't going to have anything to do with either of us, so I suppose that in terms of deciding to go ahead with parenthood then I chose single motherhood.

It's the best choice I've made. DD is now nearly 9 and for the most part I've been single throughout. It's completely normal for her. I have close male friends - gay and straight - and she's happy to spend time with them, so I don't think she really misses out too much on a male role model.

If necessary, I would choose to become pregnant on my own again (should Mr Right not come along).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now