Talk

Advanced search

Feeling a bit fed up - realised ive been on my own for almost a year.

(9 Posts)
shoptilidrop Tue 20-Oct-09 10:39:46

Just feeling a bit sorry for myself really...

I think with xmas coming up and all. Ive suddenly realised ive been single and on my own for almost a year. Christmas is a family time and im sort of feeling a little bit crap about it.
Exdh is with his 19year old gf who he was having an affair with, they are living together.
Whist i am pretty much happy on my own, i suddenly feel a little bit loney... I havent really wanted a relationship.. but i sort of feel a little bit sad that im not in one and feel like ill be single forever.

mummyfantastico Tue 20-Oct-09 11:34:11

I know what you mean. I have been single for 2 years and although most of the time I love it, occasionally I feel lonely and sad.

Be proud of yourself for not needing to rush into something new, being single is better than being with an arse!

thesunshinesbrightly Tue 20-Oct-09 16:05:03

I have been on my own for 6 years( well i had a controlling partner inbetween) but as far as i was concerned i was on my own, i love being on my own, but xmas is hard, think positive and surround yourslef with family and friends it does make it easier.

thesunshinesbrightly Tue 20-Oct-09 16:05:39

I have been on my own for 6 years( well i had a controlling partner inbetween) but as far as i was concerned i was on my own, i love being on my own, but xmas is hard, think positive and surround yourslef with family and friends it does make it easier.

poshsinglemum Tue 20-Oct-09 19:51:37

Ive been on my own for ages and I feel down in the dumps about it too.

elastamum Wed 21-Oct-09 22:49:39

Hi, single her for just over a year too after being dumped by ex for new gf! dont know what I think any more, no sign of any romantic interest (where would I find the time, let alone the energy hmm) Am just redsigning myself to being alone but it is difficult going to social events on my own when everyone else brings their partner. Just remeber, you are not alone, there are other fab women out there all doing their own thing and just getting on with life with their kids smile

Biobytes Wed 21-Oct-09 23:00:18

I had a similar moment the other day, when I suddenly realised that I have been on my own, caring for DS, going through very difficult times and still very much in one piece. I felt shocked at the realisation of been doing all this on my own, felt proud but also very lonely. I'm trying not to think about it anymore.

MrsMorgan Wed 21-Oct-09 23:02:24

4 yrs in Feb here. Not sure what else to say without being depressing.

lottysmum Wed 21-Oct-09 23:23:44

Most single parents probably feel sad coming up to Christmas given that it is such a big family occasion.

However, don't just sit still and let life pass you by...Yes your single and have children but that doesn;t stop you making the most of your life....there are various clubs now for single parents with day's out holidays and short breaks....plus a friendhsip network.....You just have to make a little bit of an effort to make a new life...being single isn;t the end of the world....it could be a start of a new independent life.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now