Talk

Advanced search

has just had the most horrible 40 minutes of my life

(6 Posts)
FrostyTheSnowgirl Sun 27-Sep-09 20:18:04

Sorry just need to get this off my chest! Exp was meant to have ds home tonight at 6pm and he text to say he wouldnt have him back til 7pm. 7pm came and went with no sign, I received no phonecalls/texts and his phone was switched off so I couldnt reach him. He eventually arrived at 7.40pm and couldnt understand why I answered the door in tears I was so worried I obviously thought something had happened.

How is it possible he can not see why I would be upset, my heart is still pounding yet

Jumente Sun 27-Sep-09 20:22:17

Frosty sad

he is your ex for a good reason if this is how he behaves.

Glad that ds is safe and well x

FrostyTheSnowgirl Sun 27-Sep-09 20:30:49

Thanks Jumente, says a lot about his maturity, he will have known how upset I would have been.

Feel slightly like its my fault for having a child with this loser sad

onepieceoflollipop Sun 27-Sep-09 20:33:37

It's not your fault that he seems to like playing mind games. sad

So he thought it was acceptable to return your ds nearly 2 hours late? That is so not your fault. Hope you are feeling more relaxed now.

FrostyTheSnowgirl Sun 27-Sep-09 20:47:01

ive got ds to bed so can relax slightly. i feel awful that ds saw me upset but I was completely passed myself. I even slammed the door in exp's face I couldnt look at him anymore and I've never done anything like that in front of ds before

Jumente Sun 27-Sep-09 21:07:43

In a way I think that may have been a good thing. Ds will know how much you cared that he wasn't home on time, as long as you made it very clear it wasn't him you were cross with so he doesn't think it is his fault (he might!) smile

Also ds has seen that you are human and were really worried, and won't just be dim and appeasing to exp, if exp behaves abominably.

Hope ds is alright and you manage to get some sleep.
Many of us have had kids with complete bastards, it isn't our fault they are so appalling, we were just rather naive I think, or they hid it well initially.

I agree on the guilt though, I've always felt to blame about having chosen the wrong bloke, and prob always will - but as long as we do our darnedest to be good mums, that guilt is probably unhelpful smile

Thinking of you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now