Talk

Advanced search

Separating - I have to tell preschool don't I?

(5 Posts)
needtomoveon Mon 21-Sep-09 11:10:00

We decided this weekend and have two small DCs. Younger goes to a nursery which is lovely and so I told the keyworker. I can trust them to be sensitive. Older DC's preschool ticks all the boxes with Ofsted but they are gossips. I know it is going to get out anyway but I just find them a bit unsympathetic in general but I have a parent-keyworker meeting booked for this afternoon anyway. Our older DC has some minor speech issues (seeing consultant waiting for SALT type things) but I think confidence is the main problem and that is going to take a big hit now with us splitting up. So they need to know and I just have to hope they will be OK and not unprofessional. This is quite a small community and everyone knows a lot about each other - we are relatively new here and I do feel a bit like an alien in the preschool playground already sad

But DCs' welfare matters most so I have to do it, what do you think?

tvaerialmagpiebin Mon 21-Sep-09 18:38:13

Yes, I do think you need to tell them, if your dc come to them upset about it they need to be aware.

As regards the rest of them - well, you know what they say, today's news is tomorrow's chip paper.

Hope everything is ok with you. Like your name - how true!

ChasingSquirrels Mon 21-Sep-09 20:50:15

you don't HAVE to tell them, no.
But I do think it would be sensible.

And do people judge? I don't think they do really.

One day at a time.

pippel Mon 21-Sep-09 21:01:28

yes you have to tell them they need to be aware

are you worried about them telling other parents? that wont happen its confidential, and if any of the staff did tell anyone outside of the settings staff it would be a disciplinary matter.

you wont be the first to face this and you wont be the last

needtomoveon Tue 22-Sep-09 09:41:29

Sorry I didn't mean "have to" = I don't want to. Just wasn't sure what was right. Anyway I did tell them as they are a bit concerned about DC's confidence levels so am glad they know. And the judgementalism - well I suppose I just have to rise above it. Thanks for the replies smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now