Talk

Advanced search

So ive been asked out for a drink by a nice guy.............

(21 Posts)
namechangeasimnervous Sat 19-Sep-09 12:40:46

I hope ive managed to namechange for this as i dont want to broadcast anything much in case it falls through.
I met a really nice guy this morning, he was at a function i attended and we hit it off, he has asked to see me again next week and taken my number.
Its been years since ive been out and dont know the protocol....... it will be at our local pub as i dont drive, am worried i am going to do something wrong!! Advuce and kind words please.

namechangeasimnervous Sat 19-Sep-09 14:28:01

Bump!!!

anothermum92 Sat 19-Sep-09 14:30:14

Message withdrawn

echofalls Sat 19-Sep-09 14:40:37

relax and have fun

namechangeasimnervous Sat 19-Sep-09 15:02:11

Thanks, my son has special needs and the guy asked if had had many boyfriends since ive been on my own, i told him i had had two boyfriends who didnt want to get involved with my son, i told him quite openly that if men didnt want anything to do with my son then they wouldnt get anywhere with me!!

namechangeasimnervous Sun 20-Sep-09 16:40:17

So tell me how keen is too keen? He rang last night and wanted to see me today, i said i was busy till Wednesday which i am and arranged to meet him at my local for a drink so if he turns out to be a nightmaere after a pint i have somewhere to hide. He then rang again this afternoon as he wanted to hear my voice!! shock Is this ok or bordering on freaky? I am getting alarmed now! hmm

namechangeasimnervous Sun 20-Sep-09 18:12:58

bump

anothermum92 Sun 20-Sep-09 21:35:05

Message withdrawn

jamestkirk Sun 20-Sep-09 22:53:06

wanted to hear your voice....?? do you have one of those big red buttons that when you press it security comes running out

namechangeasimnervous Mon 21-Sep-09 07:36:31

grin dont think so, two of my lovely friends have said they will be nearby in the pub so i have a get out clause if i get worried!!

jamestkirk Mon 21-Sep-09 23:11:24

worried? just watch out for him stroking your hand and muttering 'my precious' in a Golomesque stylee if he does just run, dont look back, just keep running

oh, and forget you read that when you meet him

namechangeasimnervous Tue 22-Sep-09 07:53:01

Thanks! wink Im getting more and more nervous!!

Niceguy2 Tue 22-Sep-09 11:52:26

When is it?

Oh and good luck

namechangeasimnervous Tue 22-Sep-09 14:25:53

Tomorrow night.............shock

thesilverlining Tue 22-Sep-09 21:49:58

so you say he's a nice guy? Then nothing to worry about :-)

Its just a drink - and if you hit it off great. Sounds cliche but just be yourself and if you don't like him don't go out with him again

Good on your friends for being there in the background for you

namechangeasimnervous Thu 24-Sep-09 11:06:17

All went well. Am seeing him again this afternoon!

jamestkirk Thu 24-Sep-09 16:50:58

cool...wish i could meet someone...sigh.

lottiejenkins Thu 24-Sep-09 21:35:45

Ive changed my name back now, im feeling braver!

lottiejenkins Tue 03-Nov-09 10:48:08

Well he turned out to be a nightmare, after two dates he decided to tell me he had been in a long term relationship and hoped i wasnt upset, he said he didnt want to be with her, i said i wouldnt share him and we ended it over the phone, i have had a few drunken texts since saying he missed me but havent heard anything for two weeks, a lucky escape!!!

Monty100 Tue 03-Nov-09 15:01:44

Hi Lottie - FFS what a time waster. And well done for telling him where to go.

Brush yourself down and get back out there!

Good luck.

jamestkirk Tue 03-Nov-09 22:11:50

oh bugger!!!

did he call you 'my precious' ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now