Talk

Advanced search

Any LPs on here who receive carer's allowance, + High rate DLA care?

(7 Posts)
AboardtheAxiom Tue 15-Sep-09 13:36:32

A bit of a long shot but you never know! I am planning to move out of partnr's house with DS, and will go onto income support. WOndered if anyone else in similar benefits situation could advise me. smile

I know I will receive my current DLA (high rate of care, DS not 5 yet so no mobility element) and carer's allowance, but what will my finances be like? How much is Income support and do they take off the crer's allowance? I have been told I will receive housing and council tax benefit. Will I also receive child tax credit?

TIA

oldraver Wed 16-Sep-09 20:30:27

Have a look on entitledto

I think IS is about £63 and CTC would be £53 odd. I dont know if you will get IS as well as DLA. The CTC maybe be re-ajusted as well as your DLA and carers may reduce it

AboardtheAxiom Thu 17-Sep-09 07:58:12

Thanks for reply oldraver will look into it. smile

TheDMshouldbeRivened Thu 17-Sep-09 08:01:30

they do take off the £53 carers from your income support but give you back £25 of it as part of your income support.
DLA doesn't affect either income support or CTC as its non-means tested.

ChopsTheDuck Thu 17-Sep-09 08:02:19

I'm pretty sure the DLA would be disregarded, but your IS would be reduced for the carers allowance. Your tax credit should be higher, as it would include a disabled child element.

AboardtheAxiom Thu 17-Sep-09 08:09:44

okay thanks. Am sure I will manage either way, just trying to figure everything out so I have one less thing I'm unsure about.

oldraver Thu 17-Sep-09 20:51:34

I didnt realise till I just checked that CTC was higher if you had DLA. * Realises I was really silly to scrub the application*

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now