Talk

Advanced search

DD is a nightmare when she gets back from XP's

(6 Posts)
notevenamousie Sun 13-Sep-09 17:56:26

Always has been a problem. XP won't talk about it, as it's my problem hmm . Now he has moved away so the poor little thing (2.9) has to travel for hours with me to get home on a Sunday. Tonight has been disastrous, refusing to eat, hitting, screaming, destroying things, crying.

How do I help her? How do I cope with it myself? Is it normal?

GypsyMoth Sun 13-Sep-09 19:09:02

He moved away? Let him return her then. Why are you doing it?

Grandhighpoohba Sun 13-Sep-09 20:28:25

Its your problem? hmm No it's DD's problem - she is upset, and as a responsible parent, its his job to discuss with you how to make this better for you.

I think it's normal to a certain extent, DSS's were always more difficult after contact with thier mother, but maybe someone else with a bit more knowledge will come along and advise you on that.

Maybe she is too young for such lengthy travel on a regular basis - can he not travel down to see her?

My experience is that as they got older, it was easier for the boys to manage, we cut them a little slack(only a little)when they came back, gave them some space to adjust etc, but not sure how that would work with such a little one.

Sorry not much more use to you, hopefully someone else will be along soon to give some more practical help.

Grandhighpoohba Sun 13-Sep-09 20:29:18

doh, better for her

terrier141 Mon 14-Sep-09 10:26:07

No advice - just wanted to say my dc's are both a nightmare when they return from their dads - but then he treats them appalingly for the whole time they are there - apparently contact is in their "best interests!"

notevenamousie Mon 14-Sep-09 19:13:44

I am doing it because he won't bring her back otherwise, and that would be heartbreaking. He has a house an hour away but chooses to take her to his girlfreind's. I tried to stand up to him but just got so upset and worn down that I gave in. He thinks that court would make me travel, and so I don't want to waste lots of money that I don't have on a lawyer.

I got cross with dd tonight. I hate myself for it. I find everything such a struggle, and I just wish that things could be easier for her, poor little treasure, with so much going on in her little life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now