Talk

Advanced search

What is resonable contact? Need some advice please!!

(5 Posts)
easytosay Fri 11-Sep-09 12:03:02

As simple as that! What would you all consider is reasonable contact for my 4 year old DS to have with his father.

I was going to propose to my cafcass officer every other weekend with Saturday sleep over and one after school dinner during the week.

This contact proposal would then not effect school or quality time with either me or his brother.

Does this sound fair? Too much? Not enough?

Any advice would be great as i wouldnt want to be unreasonable.

Niceguy2 Fri 11-Sep-09 12:14:24

How long is a piece of string?

It all depends on the current schedule and what you both want. It doesn't matter what others here think.

If he's working weekends then your ex would probably think its unreasonable. If he's currently getting DS 3 days a week and being asked to cut that down to one sleepover a fornight and 1 visit a week then he'll again think its unreasonable.

Do you know what your ex is after?

AllThreeWays Sat 12-Sep-09 10:14:59

50/50 IMO unless is is not possible due to distance or other "issues" Fathers are equal parents

amtooyoungforthis Sat 12-Sep-09 10:42:01

We do every saturday, 10 - 6, alternate saturday night sleepover, returning 6pm sunday and wednesday after school to 7pm. In school hols, they go earlier on weds

Always flexible though, so we change sleepover weekends around sometimes if more convenient and if he wants more, he can have more (eg long weekends)

I think it is better to give more than less

GypsyMoth Sat 12-Sep-09 10:47:02

why are cafcass involved?

also,what are present arrangements and what is father requesting? as cafcass are involved i assume he's files a c1 at court?

www.wikivorce.com

good website with online solicitors offering free advice. go to the forum and then the child residency part. Fiona will help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now