Talk

Advanced search

'We are wearing out the naughty step' childrens book, yay! has a lone parent in it!

(5 Posts)
Meglet Fri 28-Aug-09 14:43:44

I just bought this without realising the mum in this book is a lone parent - with a boyfriend shock blush. Its rather sweet, the mum is very frazzled and the kids are cute. Same author as the 'Kipper' books.

on amazon

LadyoftheBathtub Fri 28-Aug-09 14:47:00

I think the Daisy books by Kes Gray have a single mum. We don't own any but they read them a lot on Cbeebies and I've never seen the dad. Just the girl and her lovely/frazzled mum.

Meglet Fri 28-Aug-09 14:51:29

I see Nick Sharrat does the Daisy illustrations smile.

giveloveachance Fri 28-Aug-09 14:56:37

yeah saw the we are wearing out the naughty step in waterstones - its very very touching - actually brought a tear to my eye reading it. It seems very true to life.

Meglet Fri 28-Aug-09 15:00:15

the stressed mummy trying to get to the gym sounds very familiar.

GLAC If you want a book that will _really- bring tears to your eyes go and look at 'ten little finger and ten little toes'. I was choking back the tears when I read it in the shop, have bought it for dd's first birthday next week but I'm not sure I'll be able to read it without being reduced to a snotty mess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now