Advanced search


(3 Posts)
friedfroggy Fri 21-Aug-09 17:04:18

My relationship with dh isn't working out.
The one thing that is stopping me from leaving is I am worried how I would cope financially(sounds bad i know).
We have 3 children,all under 10(the youngest is't yet at school).I am a SAHM.We rent privately.
The money issue has been the reason that I have stayed as long as I have in this relationship.
What help would i be entitled to and where do I start?

Mousey84 Fri 21-Aug-09 17:17:32

I am very sorry to hear that you are having trouble FF. If you have tried other avenues (councelling etc) and you are sure you want to leave then you should have a look at for a guide to what you may be able to get. Its not exact though.

Do look at options - staying a SAHM (on benefits - not easy) vs. working part-time, possibly with the youngest in childcare during school hours, vs. working full time. Its likely that being on benefits will prob be best financially as you will get housing benefit and wont need childcare at all, then once youngest at school looking to get back into work.

Have you talked to your husband yet? Does he know this is coming? He may be more help financially than you think.

GypsyMoth Fri 21-Aug-09 18:05:42

its a step i took. and shame i didnt do it earlier too. you dont have to claim benefits forever,just til you get sorted out.

is house in joint names?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now