Advanced search

Tell me I did the right thing

(7 Posts)
HadToDoThis Tue 18-Aug-09 21:26:06

Have had to namechange for this, but I have had great advice from you guys before regarding Ds and xh.

I called the NSPCC tonight to discuss what to do about contact as there are some serious issues regarding the care of ds, the matter is in court, but I am worried that the contact will increase without any effort from xh.

NSPCC have decided to refer the case to social services, please tell me I did the right thing? Is my solicitor going to go nuts tomorrow when I tell her or will it be ok?

HerBeatitude Tue 18-Aug-09 21:28:56

I think if you have serious concerns about your DC's safety, then your solicitor's annoyance should not be a factor in your course of action - in fact s/he should be supporting you, the welfare of your child comes first.

HadToDoThis Tue 18-Aug-09 21:46:20

I have had these concerns for a long time now, and although I have some evidence to prove this I am always doubting myself.

I am worried my solicitor wont represent me anymore and if that is the case I cant get legal aid rep from anyone where I live she is it and although we might not agree at least it will not bankrupt me.

HerBeatitude Tue 18-Aug-09 22:09:02

If you put it to her that your concerns are so serious that it needed to be done, she should be understanding.

HadToDoThis Wed 19-Aug-09 16:28:59

Well, I have just got off the phone with the social work department, there is nothing that they can do.

So no one can make xh behave, not me, the courts, solicitors, social work, gp, health visitors anyone.

I want to cry, it shouldnt be this hard to sort this.

Niceguy2 Wed 19-Aug-09 17:53:16

Sorry but I have to ask...what is your xh allegedly doing that is such cause for concernbut not concerning enough for SS to get involved?

I am curious as solicitors usually make money from complex cases so if you think your sol. is going to stop representing you then I guess in her mind you are not following her advice.

HadToDoThis Thu 20-Aug-09 10:47:20

My solicitor's advice is to increase contact, where at the moment even on reduced contact ds is coming back sick.

Before contact can be increased I want some proof ds is going to be safe. I got social work involved because I believe xh needs support to deal with ds I can't do this for him, and if he had that support then he could have his increased contact.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: