Talk

Advanced search

my psycho exe called the police to stop me from 'ruining his relationships'!!

(18 Posts)
Littleblue Sun 16-Aug-09 22:08:26

I was ironing quietly at the time..i was warned to be an adult and not harass my exe partners new girlfriends into leaving him...

I mean,im obviously obsessed with him,as i left him because hes a violent nutter..never ONCE exchanged a word with his subsequent ladyfriend until after she threw the nutter out when he did the same things to her he did to me,and those before me.I gave her the opportunity to keep her and my kids in touch,as they had been told they were bloody siblings!
The one he started on a few weeks later was a friend of mine through our daughters infants school,all i said to her was to be bloody careful,she knew before she met him i had lived with domestic violence.When she started seeing him,i told her if she was in his life,she wasnt in mine,i was cool and courteous about it...end of...then she dumped him,and ive got the police on the phone!? surely they cant ring me everytime hes dumped and blame me at his behest?the worlds gone raving mad!!

Littleblue Sun 16-Aug-09 22:10:04

...my 'friend was seeing him for a couple of mnths after i told her i wasnt in her life while she was in his.....

jamestkirk Sun 16-Aug-09 22:32:58

you ever heard the phrase 'that blokes a nutter' ?

i'll be sure to call the rozzers next time ive a relationship go awry - is never my fault after all

Littleblue Sun 16-Aug-09 23:25:48

lol...hes cracked tho,hope my irony is obvious,ive been running for 2 years,on the spot it seems

GypsyMoth Sun 16-Aug-09 23:28:27

i'd ask the police what grounds they are contacting you on? and ask them if there authority extends that far,also dropping into the convo that you'd like chief constables contact details to verify that they were ok to call you up with crap like this!!

abouteve Sun 16-Aug-09 23:34:18

Cannot believe the RL police would take him seriously. Ask to see their evidence.

SmallScrewCap Sun 16-Aug-09 23:42:06

Um... are you SURE you've got the police on the phone there, Littleblue?

Ask for shoulder number, incident/log number, and for a number to call back on next time.

Littleblue Sun 16-Aug-09 23:50:38

you have a point..but because of him,i know the local coppers well enough,and also he has NO friends...nothing,he suckers onto passing vulnerable women til they get wise and detach him.
I am going to go to the police and discuss their place in his harrassment of me,they are supposed to protect,he can still make me feel really ropey mentally unfortunately.Ive spent the last two years putting life back together,and he still has the right to do this?its very depressing hmm

Littleblue Sun 16-Aug-09 23:56:56

im of a mind to have a fairly strong convo with whoever is in charge locally,their domestic violence officer was in my phone til i got away from him,i was to call her day or night when he next kicked off...it feels like a chat with general staff is needed,hes done this 3 times now

SmallScrewCap Sun 16-Aug-09 23:58:01

well if you know it was definitely the police, then it would be a good idea to get in touch with them and have a chat about it all.

You might have to jump through a few hoops, but see if you can get a visit from a community officer and talk it through.

Littleblue Mon 17-Aug-09 00:00:58

good idea,first thing tomos...my solicitor is too flippin expensive,and he never takes any notice anyways..

SmallScrewCap Mon 17-Aug-09 00:05:21

Yeah, it's possible that he has been pestering your local station and they have got to the point where they want to ring up and check it out - it's probably not so much that they are taking his side, more that they want him to quieten down and leave them to get on with, you know, actual crimes

Good luck. Try and approach it as "I wonder if you can help me?" rather than a "WTF do you think you're playing at?!" if you want a quicker result!

Littleblue Mon 17-Aug-09 00:45:53

its madness isnt it...i had decided on somewhere between those 2 approaches,tbh...thanks ssc x

Littleblue Mon 17-Aug-09 08:39:03

The kids said my 'friend' was there as ever at the weekend,im really wound up that shes so brazenly ignored what me and my children endured with him..what he does is his business,but when he kicks off at me,shes at his side..and she was confused that i said we could no longer be friends in the same way.She told him stuff i asked her not to,so i told her never to speak to me again..i dont think thats unreasonable,and it most certainly isnt stalking!angry

Littleblue Mon 17-Aug-09 09:03:09

My teenagers,from my first marriage,hate him,wont see him..and hes followed them both down the road

jamestkirk Wed 19-Aug-09 22:17:10

hey little blue - maybe you live in a crime free area so the local plod put all the weirdo complaints in a hat(bobbys 'elmet obviously) and draw out the ones to chase up. and you keep winning - how lucky is that?...or maybe thats a bit too flippant...hope your sense of humour is holding out, cos you just know he'll get dumped soon

seriously tho. you probably should have a word with someone - not a solicitor, but one of the bods that deal with the abuse malarky, just to put them in the picture.

oldraver Thu 20-Aug-09 21:58:31

I would be having a word with the police as to why they are bothering you with such trivia. It could go against you in the future if its on record that the police had to 'have a word' with you so you need to get it sorted and an apology or something from them to say they have no issue with you

Oh and how come women STILL seem to find it hard to get the police interested in harrasment but as soon as some bloke gets his knickers in a twist they're on the phone

JJsandcat Fri 21-Aug-09 11:53:07

Do the cops not have real issues to attend to?? Like stopping knife crime and so forth..

Oldraver has a point: as you were a victim of DV it is sad to see that a man's word/lie is being followed up but a battered woman is seen as a hysterical so-and-so that had it coming... angry

Would definitely have a word with them and not be intimidated.

PS: Your ex friend must be bloody mad to go for him after seeing how he abused you. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now