Talk

Advanced search

can i add DS5s fathers name to birth certificate following dna test?

(7 Posts)
haz29 Fri 14-Aug-09 09:40:39

i've been told it can't be changed after he's a year old but surely this can't be true when i now have the proof that he is the dad? He has no contact with DS but obviously i'd still like to see his name on the birth certificate rather than a black line!! any info would be appreciated, thanks.xx

Mousey84 Fri 14-Aug-09 10:08:02

My dds father did get the papers to get his name added, when dd was 5, but didnt actually follow through.

Your DS dad will need to sign something and then go to an appointment at registry office to get his name put on. Do you think he would do this?

haz29 Fri 14-Aug-09 21:25:31

erm, not sure, he's quite unpredictable- saying one thing then doin another, I was pretty surprised he even turned up for the DNA tbh. Can it be done through the courts without him being there?

oldraver Sat 15-Aug-09 15:25:22

Crikey I would have to say I'm not sure on this one but I thought thta the father had to be there or give written permission for the name to go on the certificate. I'm nt sure if you can have it added without his say so. I think this is something you need legal advice on

oldraver Sat 15-Aug-09 15:28:48

Have a look at this. It says you would have to re-register his birth but with father present.

There is also a section on 'court declared parentage' so looks like you may be able too

www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Registeringlifeevents/Birthandadoptionrecords/Regis teringorchangingabirthrecord/DG_175620

lilacclaire Mon 17-Aug-09 00:23:46

Hi, I was in exactly the same position.

My ex refused to sign the form from the registry office that would have allowed his name to be added to the birth certificate following a dna test.

I eventually seen a solicitor who applied to the courts to have it done by court order, it cost about £500.

floatyjosmum Sun 30-Aug-09 17:55:22

you cant add his name but he can add it, to do this he would need ur permission or pr.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now