Talk

Advanced search

Have I been living on my own too long?

(6 Posts)
caz2011 Thu 13-Aug-09 20:51:18

I have lived on my own for 6 years now, bringing up my two. I met my new partner through ParentsDatingOnline.co.uk I am now in a relationship, the worrying of the future shock
Anyone else feel the same or have gone through all of this?

allgonebellyup Fri 14-Aug-09 12:49:45

yup, ive only been single for 2yrs but have someone and only been seeing him for four months but he has made it clear he would like us to live together at some point in the future.
fills me with dread! i cant live with people at all, i am a nightmare!
My sis says maybe i dont want to live with him cos i dont like him enough? im still not sure really...

6yrs is a long time to have lived on your own though, i guess it would be hard to break the mould..!

mj4ever Fri 14-Aug-09 13:14:12

got no helpful advice, but i wouldnt live with anybody every again, i like my own space just me and my kids.

thesouthsbelle Fri 14-Aug-09 13:22:46

MJ that's where i'm at at the mo as well. a fact XP didn't like at all.

it's the whole fear of it going wrong and having to start over again that I couldn't handle.

mj4ever Fri 14-Aug-09 13:35:30

thesouth do you think your views will change??

i know mine wont.
dont get me wrong they are great for mates and i get on really well with them as mates but i suppose i'm a commitment phobic.

secretskillrelationships Wed 19-Aug-09 14:30:17

My mum has lived by herself for nearly 40 years since kicking my dad out. She has always said that she could never live with anyone again, loves her space, loves having the bed to herself. In fact, she loves her space so much she can even struggle with house guests! Even though she's still in a 4-bed house!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now